Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Broken foam and GN price?

So I have my GN in my kitchen so it will not get dirty in the Shed and while I was washing the cover, My son took the foam off the headrest and snapped it in half. It fits perfectly back and covers entire headrest.

Is it still usable or do I need to replace foam?

And what would you price a DOM 2008 GN at?

I have no idea what to ask.

There is a gray stain at buckle between the legs other than that it is good.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Broken foam and GN price?

I believe you can put it back on and just tape the 2 pieces back together, but call Graco to be sure.

IT has lost about half its life span, so at $130 new, I would value it at $50-65 depending on condition.

HTH!

LOL.. I bought it at 189.99. But still I was thinking in the same range. Thanks! I will email graco. See what they say.

Heard back from Graco. They say they don't recommend using it with broken foam even if it pieces back together.

I am not sure I agree, I would have no problem using it. It is perfectly matched and attaches to the headrest and stays tight even without cover. With the cover on, I don't see the issue at all, but am happy to get input from Techs.

They don't sell the foam separately so I need to get a whole headrest piece. DagNabbitBlah...

Did they say why? I am just curious as i have a GN and want to know for future reference
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

No. I could see if there was a piece missing, but it is a perfect fit.

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

i would assume they said not to use it for liability reasons....

but seeing as you're an informed car seat user i would just tape it back together and put it in.

this is just based off what other people have heard from other car seat manufactures when foam has broken...

of course this advice is from a non cpst....

i wouldnt sell it to another person after graco said not to use it though... unless you purchased a new head piece.

Quote Originally Posted by xursusmaritimusx View Post
    i wouldnt sell it to another person after graco said not to use it though... unless you purchased a new head piece.
    I agree. I would never. Not if Graco Says no..
    But I would be okay using it. The way I see it all that foam is just little balls stuck together to begin with it is not like it is a truly solid mass. I can fit it together and hold it in the air with one hand on one side and it does not come apart.

I brought this seat in my house to keep it safe.. UGH.