Please explain "long belt path"

tjham

I see people discussing the long belt path in the Regent and wanting it in the Radian. What exactly does it mean? :confused: :)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The long belt path is a way of installing the Regent. The belt is brought down the front of the seat, passed from the FRONT of the seat to the BACK of the seat, brought around the back of the seat, passed from the BACK of the seat to the FRONT of the seat, then is brought around the edge of the seat to buckle.

Wow. That is a crappy explanation. I will get pics for you.

Be right back with pics.

MomToEliEm

I currently have my regent installed with the short belt path since it just looked prettier. I know not a great excuse, but I really seem to have a very tight install with the short belt path.

Is there a safety improvement to using the long belt path verses the short belt path? If there is, I might consider changing my install.

Loves2sing

The long belt path is a way of installing the Regent. The belt is brought down the front of the seat, passed from the FRONT of the seat to the BACK of the seat, brought around the back of the seat, passed from the BACK of the seat to the FRONT of the seat, then is brought around the edge of the seat to buckle.

Wow. That is a crappy explanation. I will get pics for you.

Be right back with pics.

:confused: I can't wait for the pics, this sounds really confusing!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I hate to borrow someone else's photo, but this is a photo (look at the second and third photos) that was posted on this site. You can somewhat see how the belt comes across the front of the seat, is passed through to the back of the seat, goes around the back of the seat, is passed through to the front of the seat, and then goes over the edge of the seat to be buckled.

Is this making any sense?

lynsgirl

A few pictures

HuskyA.jpg

HuskyF.jpg

HuskyG-1.jpg

HuskyL.jpg

The shoulder belt being over (rather than behind) the shell has an additional "top tether" effect, much like when you use the FF lockoffs on a MA. HTH :).

Loves2sing

Those pictures explain it perfectly! They should totally test the Radian that way!!! Now I may have to bug Russ too!! LOL Mind you, I won't need to do that for a very LONG time yet! Jenna is still RF!

lynsgirl

Oh geez. Need to fix my picture size AND use the refresh button a little more :rolleyes: .

Off to resize those pictures lol.

ThreeBeans

Now, presuming I can get a tight install using the standard belt path, and have a top tether, which is used, I don't need to worry about doing a long belt path install, right?

lynsgirl

Now, presuming I can get a tight install using the standard belt path, and have a top tether, which is used, I don't need to worry about doing a long belt path install, right?

You don't *have* to do a long belt path install, but honestly, I find it easier and more solid. It's not even a worry ;) . Once your brain gets the idea, it's actually very easy, goes pretty fast and shakes the car :D . Plus, you get the added bonus of the top tether AND the shoulder belt.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

I guess not. :)

As long as you use the top tether and have a good installation, the short belt path is fine. :)

Loves2sing

So was the long belt path designed to be used after you can no longer use the LATCH and top tether due to weight restrictions?

lynsgirl

So was the long belt path designed to be used after you can no longer use the LATCH and top tether due to weight restrictions?

Nope. It's just one of the ways you can install it. Plus, in vehicles without LATCH or even just TAs, you'd have to use the recline bar and long belt path, at least until 50lbs, when you'd have to figure something out re the top tether.

Loves2sing

That another question i have about the Regent. (I have never seen one, as I am in Canada) What is the recline bar? What is it for?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC