On borrowed time w Regent

Morganthe

Today, I removed & took apart dd's Regent for its annual cleaning. Cover's been washed. All crumbs under & around seat have been brushed out. Her crotch buckle finally moved to the outer position. When I hung the cover up to dry, I noticed 22- 80lbs limit" 53" or 134cm in height limit on the label.

Wait a minute! Daughter just measured 135 cm yesterday.
Yet, she still is a good 1/2 - 3/4" UNDER the edge of the top slot of the regent. Short waisted kid, obviously. :p

So now, we're officially on borrowed time with that seat. I figured that she'd be able to use it until next spring, perhaps even summer. But (gasp) she'll definitely be over the official 53" height limit. :eek: It's a May 2007 seat.

She's 62lbs on a good day, but I think she's lost weight since her last growth spurt, so it's possible she's at 60lbs.

Overtall / underweight for the seat and fits fine. :shrug-shoulders: I guess I'll just leave things as they are for now.

A few months ago, I had to talk her out of a plan to store it for use with her 'someday future' children by explaining how it will expire in two more years. She didn't like that. It's her favorite seat, EVAHR! Longest used, for sure. :thumbsup:

ADS

Mysweethoneybee

It is my son's all time favorite seat. He is about to out-grow it by harness height and we will be very sad when that happens. I love that it has been so easy to get him in and out but still gives plenty of support when he is sleeping. If seats didn't expire the Regent would be the seat I would keep about for future grandkids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC