Does DD1 have an average torso?

monstah

DS has a super long torso and DD1's torso is so much shorter, I always assumed she has a short torso but I think my brain doesn't register heights to scale, thanks to my giant DS. Make sense? :p

She is weeks away from her 4th birthday and has about a quarter to half an inch of room to grow before being even with the second to top slots on the GN. I think I'm measuring her at a 14.5" torso. Is that a short or fairly average torso height?

ADS

VoodooChile

I always judged it by clothes sizes, if I needed to get a larger size shirt than pants to keep midriffs from showing. Don't really know if that's the best way to tell though!

monstah

I always judged it by clothes sizes, if I needed to get a larger size shirt than pants to keep midriffs from showing. Don't really know if that's the best way to tell though!

I didn't even think of that! DD wears 4T in both tops and bottoms. So she must be average...

bnsnyde

My daughter turns 4 November 1 and is a 14 torso.
She is generally fairly average on the charts, but my boys are really tall.

VoodooChile

My dd is the one who was even with the to slots of the Titan at 16 months. I had to go a size up (or 2) in shirts until about a year ago, but now she's pretty well evened out.
Ds, I'm lucky, seems to be evenly proportioned so far!

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Sounds average to me. My DS1 has a short torso, he turned 5 at the end of July and measured at 14.75-15" yesterday. I'm remeasuring because that just seems so short! He is of average height though.

leighi123

Levi turned 4 in July and his torso is a little over 12". But he is tiny overall, so I dunno if he has a short torso, or if its just because all of him is short. Its been the same measurement for like a year now although he has grown, I'm pretty sure it was just his legs that grew (hard to tell because he hardly ever wears pants, and when he does I make them so I dunno what size he wears!)

lanwenyi

My DD turned 4 on Tuesday. She's (almost) 38" tall and has a 14.75ish" torso. She wears 4/5 tops and 2/3 bottoms (she can't wear "T" items at all). Her torso is long for her height, but seems abt average for her age.

It sounds like your DD has an average torso for her age. If she wears the same size for tops and bottoms, it's prob average for her height as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC