Thrift Store Visit

Yoshi

My mom volunteers at a local hospital/charity thrift shop. Every now and then I make a visit and find a few really bad car seats for sale and make her toss them in the dumpster. Yesterday, she tossed out a Right Start shield booster and a nasty High back booster/combo seat with no straps. It looked like it was OLD. She thinks I am crazy, but she listens to me anyway! Normally she doesn't accept them from people who donate them,but the other women who work there are in their 80's and have no clue about anything. They even put broken dishes out for sale:confused: !My mom is constantly throwing junk in the dumpster.

ADS

Loves2sing

I used to voluteer for an organization that took the stuff from a Once Upon A Child that they wouldn't sell. You should have seen the seats that they gave us, they were gross. Thankfully they didn't sell them though, cause it's illegal for a business to sell a used seat up here. We used to have to throw away all sorts of junk. We were picking up for charities that sent the used clothes and toys to needy families. Our job was just to seperate the good stuff from the junk. It took FOREVER! We would get people's dirty laundry, including underwear sometimes, it really showed me that some people are pigs!

easterbun

They even put broken dishes out for sale:confused: !

Unrelated, but a lot of artists do search for things like that in thrift stores (and you can get some absolutely killer deals on "broken" things!) - they're useful for mosaics and all kinds of other projects :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC