4 car collision

jessclear

I live in Columbus, Oh and there was a 4 car collision on a highway yesterday. The only person seriously injured was a 3-yr-old who was NOT in a carseat (he is in critical condition). It is just so sad to hear this on the news. There is no excuse for that and I can't imagine how a parent would live with themselves knowing that their child would have been fine had they just put him in a car seat. :( :mad:

ADS

natysr

I live in Columbus, Oh and there was a 4 car collision on a highway yesterday. The only person seriously injured was a 3-yr-old who was NOT in a carseat (he is in critical condition). It is just so sad to hear this on the news. There is no excuse for that and I can't imagine how a parent would live with themselves knowing that their child would have been fine had they just put him in a car seat. :( :mad:

I think a lot of people live with themselves by justifying or blaming someone else. So sad.

Loves2sing

That is just awful! Maybe other parents hearing this on the news will see how important it is to have their kids properly restrained. Let's just hope that others learn from this awful experience!:(

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
What highway? I missed my trip to Colombus last year, and I'm missing this year as well. :(

Susan

jessclear

The accident occured on Hwy 71, I don't remember what direction. From the pics on the news it looked as if one car rear ended another one and caused a dominoe effect. I saw one SUV hit a sedan, then the sedan hit an 18-wheeler. I'm not sure what car started it, or what car the 3-yr old was in. However, by the look of the cars, I definitely think the 3-yr old would have been ok had he been in the back seat in a car seat. Very sad.

jessclear

Amy,
Where in Ohio are you? We just moved here a couple of weeks ago from Texas. Since I've been here, I've been in a wreck (other person's fault) and seen many more on the news. Just makes me feel better about my car seat choices.

mominabigtruck

I'm over in Middletown which is right smack in between Dayton and Cincinnati. I was over in Columbus last month at the Kenworth dealership. I hate taking a semi and driving over there, traffic is horrible:(

CAEKWILSON

Amy,
Where in Ohio are you? We just moved here a couple of weeks ago from Texas. Since I've been here, I've been in a wreck (other person's fault) and seen many more on the news. Just makes me feel better about my car seat choices.

I am in OHIO also, i am east of columbus but dh works there, i saw that accident on the news, it is sad! Here in Newark i would drive myself nuts looking into peoples cars while driving, no one uses carseats, or hardly seat belts!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC