Delay in updating CPSafety ERF album?

JOII

I am just wondering if anyone is awaiting their child to be updated or added to the ERFing album here: http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbumAll.aspx

My son Owen is on there at 1 year 1 month. I sent them a 18 month picture and a 24 month picture to add. According to my sent email folder I sent it March 14! I know the bottom of the page says it may take a month or more to add the pictures but its now been 3 months :eek:

Id like to add a pic of him RFing in the Radian at 2 1/2 and thats coming up soon. I'm just wondering if it probably got there safely and if other people are having long delays or if I should try again.

Thanks

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah -- it's been about that long since I 1st submitted Leila's pix for the FF harness album & recently resubmitted without a response -- she used to be really quick!

natysr

I'm waiting until August 20 so I can officially submit a picture of my son rearfacing at 3 years old. Good to know that I can expect a delay though.

SPJ&E

I sent RF pictures of Pacey before he even turned 2 (he's 2.5 now) and again, I think in March and he's STILL not on there. I think I sent pictures of Joshua after his birthday too...but I'm not positive on that one.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I sent in pics for the RFing album atleast 4 months ago if not more??? Anyone know??? I think if it's not used any more we should start up an album here some how..???

djma

I sent them a picture of Michael for the FF album back in March and he's still not on there and I never got a response.

:confused:

mommy2jana

Yeah, I sent a pic of Jana RF'ing in Dec/Jan. I never got a response. Then, I sent another pic of her RF at 3.5 yrs old in March (?) - and still never got a response.

At this rate, I'll probably be submitting a pic for the extended harnessing album before her pic is submitted for the RF album! lol

I'm pretty disappointed....I was really hoping to see her pic there!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Well, you know, it is ONE MOM doing AAALLLLLL the pictures on there, plus the whole site, plus caring for her family and doing all the other things that women have to do... She can't always get to it in time... Sometimes it takes a while..

Be patient, it'll get done..

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think she told some of us she wasn't accepting more pictures, but forgot to note that on the website...ooops.... So, who wants to make a page independently, maybe that links back to that one, or to the RF page here? :rolleyes: (maybe we can nag CRS into doing it, she's made us a new rf tether page... :whistle: )

Lea_Ontario

I sent a pic in of Bug over 6 months ago, and it's not been added. It doesn't look like the album has been updated in at least that long.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oh CRS ... where are you? Pretty please make a new extended RF album :love: (ideally, I think those under 2 years old should be 30 pounds or more :whistle: so that there's more of a focus on even older kids still RF :rolleyes:)

But, what a bummer if there won't be more pix for the extended harnessing album, especially now that there are more seat options available :(

Chameleon

Yeah I added Dallas too a long time ago and he's not up there. If we could get a page for here that would be awesome:thumbsup:

jmmatlock

CPST Instructor
I apologize to all of you. Yes, I am way behind in updating the albums (both the rear-facing album and the extended harness album) and I'm very sorry for the huge delay. The backlog in my inbox right now goes all the way back through last July, I'm ashamed to admit.

I was actually in the process of adding all the pictures I had pending way back in March, when I had four days of kid-free time. Unfortunately, I didn't get them all done, and so the temporary album has been sitting unfinished for the last three months.

Janice is correct in that I am just one person trying to keep the web site updated by myself. Besides the web site, I do have four kids (the older two I'm homeschooling and the younger two do everything they can to distract me from that) and a household to take care of. I'm slow, and uninterrupted time is at a premium these days! In addition, I'm experiencing a lot of personal frustration WRT local CPS stuff and the frustration is definitely dampening my normal enthusiasm for anything CPS.

I'm actually on vacation right now (if you can call driving cross-country by myself with 4 kids a vacation), but I will do my best to get the RF and harnessed albums up to date as quickly as I can.

Again, my sincerest apologies to all of you who have been waiting so long!

As for Jools' comment - I have been thinking about taking the album in a new direction. The original intent of the RF album was to show people that kids can and do RF past the minimum requirements. Now the RF album is so huge I think that original goal has been accomplished. There are so many pictures on there that people are overwhelmed and don't really know where to start. My new idea is to have a group of 25 or so kids all shown throughout their RF years as they grow. For instance, Cias' page shows him all the way from 1 yr 1 mo old through 3 years, 6 months old. A good overall view of RF as the child grows, and how they fit in the seat. I have yet to implement this change, though, and I may move all the current children in the RF album into the RF scrapbook, where you can page through to see the kids. I'm open to ideas, so if you think of anything, please share.

Thank you for your patience (if you have any left!),

Jennifer Matlock
Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician/Instructor
Director, CPSafety

lynsgirl

Jennifer, no matter how fast or slow pictures go up, your work is SO appreciated! We love you regardless of what you end up doing with CPSafety :love: . Enjoy your "vacation" - I've had my share of those myself :p . ((Hugs))!

JOII

Thanks for responding Jennifer (I had no idea you would!)

I completely understand the site is a huge undertaking and that you have a real life to deal with! I cant even imagine. The site is a great resource (my #1 go to ERFing site :love: ). I was just concerned that maybe my email had not been received by you and I wasn't sure what I should do.

I agree with that you might need to stop submissions since the album is so large. I like the idea of following kids that you can track from age 1 to the end of their RFing days. Hopefully my Owen will get to stay since he has been in their since age one and I fully intend on continually updating every 6 months or so until he is full time FFing. Plus he has 3 seats, so it may be helpful to see the same child and how they fit/ when they outgrow different options. :D :whistle:

I really appreciate that you took the time to respond. Its good to know whats going on and where you plan to take the albums.

Thanks!

Simplysomething

My new idea is to have a group of 25 or so kids all shown throughout their RF years as they grow. For instance, Cias' page shows him all the way from 1 yr 1 mo old through 3 years, 6 months old. A good overall view of RF as the child grows, and how they fit in the seat. I have yet to implement this change, though, and I may move all the current children in the RF album into the RF scrapbook, where you can page through to see the kids.

Oh, that would be awesome. As much as I'd love to see ds2's pic up there, I think seeing how a kiddo fit's rear-facing at a variety of ages (from birth-through maxing out the limits of the seats) would be more helpful to more people.

Our local childrens hospital (CHKD), did this thing at the zoo a month or so ago, where they had a variety of booths about childrens health and safety topics. The one for car safety--they had that pic from your website from this page! I was happy that they mentioned rear-facing beyond the bare minimum, but I hope they iddn't use it without your permission. (I told the women who were manning the booth that I recognized the pic, they looked at me like I was an idiot. lol).

Anyway, again, awesome idea about a new direction for the rear-facing stuff.

And, have a fun and safe vacation. :)

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Hey Jennifer, I have no life and lots of time on my hands.. If there is anything I can do, any way I can help, let me know..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC