Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: wwyd?

wwyd?

I got a just turned 2yr old in foster care. No idea how heavy she is but she is wearing 24 month sized clothes. Should I put her forward or backwards?
    Today will be my first time transporting her. The 6 yr old was so mad at me for making him ride in a booster.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: wwyd?

I would rear face her as long as she was under 40 pounds, because personally a Radian is out of my budget. As long as she'll fit rear facing in a seat you can afford that's the safest way for her to ride in the car

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Most def RF if you can!
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Definitely RF. It is so much safer.
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Senior Community Member rxmommy's Avatar

Hi Kathleen! you rock.

I would personally RF her too!
    Annie, mommy to...
    Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel #3 10/08,
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

For me, it would depend on the child and child's reaction. If the child has never ridden in anything other than maybe an adult's arms, then just being harnessed might freak the child out. If that's the case, then I would settle for a properly used forward facing harnessed seat so as to not further traumatize the child.

If the child accepts being RFing without a major flip-out, then RFing of course.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

8. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
    For me, it would depend on the child and child's reaction. If the child has never ridden in anything other than maybe an adult's arms, then just being harnessed might freak the child out. If that's the case, then I would settle for a properly used forward facing harnessed seat so as to not further traumatize the child.

If the child accepts being RFing without a major flip-out, then RFing of course.
    That is what I did. She was not happy at all so I changed it up and she relaxed when she could see her siblings.

sorry double post