Car Seat Guilt

elle7715

I'm way ahead of myself here, but this is what I'm thinking.
When the Recaro Signo comes out we'll be getting it for DD. So she'll have a seat with SIP, rear tether, and all the extras. DS will then be in the Alphasport. I feel guilty that they both won't be in extra nice seats. I know all car seats have to pass the crash tests...but the Dorel seats are just so darn flimsy compared to Britax and such. Is it odd for me to feel guilty about buying one child such a great seat and the other getting the hand me down?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Elle, I felt really weird traveling with both girls and taking the Marathon for DD1 and the Scenera for DD2. I actually ended up switching their seats. I just felt weird having the baby in a cheapo seat and the older "sturdier" one in the safer seat. If I had the money I would have gone to Target and gotten DD2 a Marathon then and there :D I hate how flimsy the Scenera feels. I *know* it's safe, it just doesn't feel as nice as the nice sturdy (and very heavy), RF tethered Britax! We talked about getting DD1 a Recaro and giving DD2 her hand-me-down Britax, but then we decided to use the MA and Triumph as backup seats and get them both new Recaros. So, no, I don't think it's weird to feel guilty.

Loves2sing

Maybe you should start slowley saving up for another Racaro, or Ma, and then at least this would only be a temporary problem. HTH

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
As long as the seat is installed and used correctly one is not inherently safer than the other.

I would put your oldest, heaviest rearfacing child in the seat with the RF tethering capability. Once that child goes FF, switch seats around again, so that you always have the option of having your RF child's seat tethered.

You can also do what Jennasmommy suggested and start saving for another Recaro... but don't feel bad if you can't afford another one. They are both safe when used correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC