Trade Radian covers?

supercrunch

I just got my replacement Radian from SK, and it has a granite cover rather than champagne. (that was all they had in the warehouse at the time)

Does anyone have a champagne they want to trade for granite?
I also have a desert sand cover that I'd trade ( I don't think I have the strap covers for this one, but the lighter fabric is the exact same fabric as the champagne, so the champagne strap covers are a perfect match)

I just thought I'd check :eek:

ADS

Loves2sing

Have you sent back your other seat yet? If not, why not trade the covers before you do? I have granite too, so otherwise I am no help here.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Most people that are sending their original seat back have been told they can keep both covers... I would keep both and have a spare handy. :)

supercrunch

I did keep the cover off my old seat :)

It's just that I would rather have an extra Champagne than an extra Granite.

If I end up keeping the extra Granite, I'll have a whole menagerie of Radian covers once I buy the Princess cover this fall, lol.

Oh...and I was just trying to take the Granite cover off, and I was wondering how the heck you get those little black round things off the side to release the cover. I am killing my fingers trying to get them off.

broken4u05

When i took my cover off i had to pull on the cover around the black things and i really felt like i was going to brake it but i didnt. O and sorry i have granite too. And i don't think i have to send my old seat back. Did theey give you a shipping label?

supercrunch

No shipping label...but the UPS guy came knocking yesterday and asked if I had a package for him. I said I was expecting a "call tag" and he said that he had it and would be back today to pick up the package.

*sigh*
It seems like I am the only one who has had to send the old seat back so far.
I was really hoping that I would be one that could keep it. My dd will probably only fit in it for one more year, so we can't really afford to buy another for my dh's car (she's currently in a turbo booster in his car).

broken4u05

He said that he wanted me to send my old seat back but i did not get a label and when i emailed him about it he told me how to trash the seat. But i am keeping it because there is nothing wrong with it other than it being hard to tighten. I am sorry you have to send yours bad.

LuvMyGirls

Oh, thanks. I saw mention of them being hard to tighten and wondered if it had something to do with that since I had one that was hard to tighten. I bought a Radian 65 for my daughter on 5/31. I bought it at our local PlayPen Baby Supermarket and didn't check the DOM. A week later I was in the passenger's seat w/dh driving and noticed the DOM was 09/06. I called the store and told them that wouldn't do. The clerk said it was fine because the seat was not used until I bought it and the life began then. I had to explain seat expirations to her. I argued with her about wanting a newer one until she said she would call SK and ask about their return policy. A few days later she called me back and said they would exchange it but the newest they had was 03/07 and only in Granite. They wouldn't have any more Champagne until September. I asked about paying the difference for an 80 and getting the Princess since our Mississippi heat is why I bought the lighter Champagne. She didn't even know about the Princess, but checked back w/SK and said okay. She said she would have to ship my seat back before they would ship the new one and it would probably be the middle of July before I got it. I took the seat back today and she gave me a store credit to apply to the Princess. Then she said she had ordered the Princess last week when I last talked to her. Now, I can't wait to get it and I wonder what the DOM will be. I was disappointed with PlayPen. They used to be so "up" on new baby items.

supercrunch

wow!

did they give you an even exchange...or did you have to pay the difference between the 65 (Champagne) and 80 (Princess).

My dd is dying for the princess cover, but we'll have to wait and see how much it is when it is available seperately this fall.

broken4u05

I thought someoen already had this seat? The girl cover. I have seen a photo of it. Unless they are making 2 girl covers i think this one is already being sold

LuvMyGirls

I'll have to pay the difference when it comes in. She gave me a store credit to apply to the Princess. The 65 was $199. She said the 80 will be $288.

supercrunch

The person on the board who has a girly Radian, received a prototype cover directly from SK. It is absolutely gorgeous, but not the same as the one that is going to be mass marketed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC