What does your 5/6yr old ride in?

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
5 to 6 was nauti to turbo. at 5 it was like 99% nauti, 1% turbo, and throughout the year it became 99% turbo, 1% nauti. Average size, literally around 50% on the charts.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
DD is newly 5 and is riding in a Nauti in our vehicle and Frontier XT in my parents' vehicle; harnessed mode in both vehicles. She's 43" I think and 42#. I think she's right around 50th percentile, like bobandjess99's kiddo (grandkiddo? not sure which one she is referring to ;))

Brigala

CPST Instructor
A Radian XTSL in the Civic, and Monterey (or sometimes the Radian or a Complete Air) in the Suburban.

Last time I weighed her she was 50 lbs and 48" tall. I think she's grown since then, but all in the legs so it hasn't affected the fit of the Radian. Her shoulders are right at the top slots. She will be six in December.

I got her a RSTV for when she outgrows the Radian (I have another Radian in the center so I can't fit a booster in the car at all and I've tried everything but a Bubble Bum).

April

5yo: 90% Radian, 10% turbo or pwsg
6yo: 60% pwsg, 40% harnessed GN
Posted via Mobile Device

lovemybabies924

She's between a parkway sgl and a frontier 85 harnessed, I actually just put her back in the fr85

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Keeanh

45lbs, 43", 5yrs+2mos
She likes the CA better than the FR because it's "pretty" (Oxygen cover). I imagine she'll have to go in the FR in the next few months. For short trips around town she sometimes rides in 7yo's Monterey. She fits fine and sits great, I just like the harness because: 1. I can use the lap belt, 2. She still sleeps a lot in the car, 3. She can usually buckle it herself.

alake

5.5 years old. 45 pounds grade 1, she rides in a Frontier XT when we travel, but uses a Turbo Booster when local. Due to my work, she takes the bus to the baby sitters after school. Her school bus drops her off right outside the sitters home.

cowgirlsmommy

Frontier or regent. Almost 6 years old, 50lbs, 50in tall. She also has a probooster she's been trained in but it's usually only used for field trips and stuff

djma

DS2 is 5.5 years old, 45" and 44lbs, and rides in a Nautilus. He hovers between the 3rd and 4th slot, depending on the outfit and how he slouches. :rolleyes::p

tiggercat

Megan is 6, about 48lbs and 48 inches tall. She rides in a harnessed Nautilus in the van with me, an old style parkway in her dad's car, and a hbtb in her grandparent's vehicles. She is pretty much maxing out the harness on the Nautilus, so we will likely be switching to a designated booster on the van soon.
Oh, and she's in grade 1, she wouldn't like me referring to her as a kindergartener, lol.

Mommy0608

Jessica is 5 and rides in a Frontier 85. She'll be riding in that at 6 as well. She's 35lbs and 44-45" tall.

emandbri

Elizabeth just turned 5 is 49 lbs and 44 inches tall. She rides in the radian in my van, a nautilus in Brian's car, and I have another nautilus as a spare.

She is very close to the top slots on the radian. I want to keep her in it as long as she fits because it sits lower in the van and I can see out the back.

She has been in a booster once, pro booster, and did fine.

finn

Ds is almost 5, he is 20kg/40lbs & 113cm/44 inches. He rides in a frontier (top slots) in my car, a radian (top slots) in his dads car, a Monterey in my dads car & a turbo in anyone else's car.

He will be switching to a booster full time when he is 5, because he knows the rules & follows them beautifully :) & because he asked.

He's also the oldest kid harnessed in his class :( i live in the land of newly turned 3 year olds in nbb :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Dillipop

Gilbey is 5 years 2 months, is 43 inches, and weighs 39 pounds.

Currently he rides in a Safeguard Child seat or regent in my car and 2 radians in the other 2 cars he's in regularly. He rides in a turbo booster when we go to the drive-in to make it easy to tumble the back row of the van.

luckyclov

In kindergarten (both years:p), my DD was harnessed in a Britax Frontier 85. She's now in 1st grade and still rides in one. I don't remember her stats off the top of my head, but right now she's 47.5" and 57-58 lbs (@ 7 years old).

My DS1, as a kindergartner, rode in an old-style Britax Parkway booster. He's now in 3rd grade and rides in a Britax Parkway SG.

bubbaray

DD#1 started in the Monterey at age 5 in my vehicle. She rode in a GN in DH's truck until she turned 6, when I moved her to a Parkway in his vehicle.

bnsnyde

Radian XTSL FF. 46 lbs. 45 inches. 16 torso.
The we're getting a Frontier85 when he turns 6 (for his birthday!) and staying harnessed.

(and in the other car it's a harnessed Prosport). Nana has a Maestro for him.

Some kids ride to school with nothing!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC