Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

View Poll Results: What is your favorite booster for full time use?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probooster

5 11.11%
  • Vivo

4 8.89%
  • Monterey

15 33.33%
  • Turbobooster

8 17.78%
  • Parkway

3 6.67%
  • Oobr

3 6.67%
  • Kobuk

0 0%
  • Strada

0 0%
  • Other

7 15.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Community Member

What is your favorite booster?

If you were choosing a booster seat for full time use, which one would you choose and why?

Poll to follow

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: What is your favorite booster?

Well I don't know if my opinion counts because I have not used that many boosters.. yet.. but I love the probooster. It just fits my son fantastic, It is comfortable and so far it does well in whatever car I put it in.

Tie between the Monza and the KidFix? Love both American versions...wish for LATCH.

If we're gonna say all American, I vote Clek.
    10yo in a Connext
    1yo in a Coccoro
    Babe in a Comfy Carry

Whichever one provided the best belt fit for my kid...

with a strong preference for the Monterey, Parkway SG/L, and Turbobooster.

But again, since boosters are about actual fit, it's really tough to say for sure.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

Have to pick the Turbo because it seems to be the only one that fits Madeline correctly.

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

Carseat Crazy

Um, rigid latch, solid headrest adjustment (just like the car's), crypton fabric (nasty puke washed off in gas station bathroom and good as new), good belt fit, relatively narrow... Oobr!

Oh, and the shorter leg support is a big PLUS for my kids. People are built in all different shapes and sizes.
    Last edited by jubgulia; 09-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Senior Community Member solmama's Avatar

We have an Oobr, Monterey, OS Parkway, Compass B570, and Jane Indy Plus(not in use, defective)

Of those, I like the Monterey for my dd. She is long-legged and it provides great support.

My ds likes the Compass B570 the best and it fits his narrow little self well.

The Oobr would be my top choice IF it had better leg support. It's a great booster, but it's now collecting dust in my closet.

My real, real, top choice would be the Jane Indy Plus. Awesome, awesome booster...just wish I could use it (head rest no longer stays up).
    DD-12 years, 68"
    DS-10 years, 60"

CPS Fanatic

As a recommended seat - the turbobooster. It fits a wide range of kids, fits small kids particularly well, and it's inexpensive.

For my DS, I love the Monterey because he's a huge 6yo.

Melanie

I chose the Oobr because it fits both my girls so well.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

I really like the Monterey. I like my pro booster but would love it if it had latch.

I haven't seen an oobr in person but from what I can tell online it wouldn't be deep enough for my kids.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Safety 1st Boost Air Complete. Lift up armrests, tall tall seatback, deep deep deep cushy headwings, doesn't fall apart when I move it, doesn't change heights randomly when I toss it from car to car or back into my cargo space, and it was only $53 after I did some pretty serious online bargain hunting I'm using it till my Kiddy Cruiser Fix ever gets to market, though, so I have a feeling THAT will be my favorite.
    Vivo was so hard to buckle in my car it made us cry.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

13. Thank You from:

I voted Turbobooster as my favorite booster because it fits EVERY child i have put in it so well. Its footprint is also relatively small so it fits in every car i have tried it in without tipping or having issues with routing through the belt guides. DS1 prefers it over everything else i have tried him in.....

BUT since we do not have rear/side airbags and he rides outboard i make him ride in the Monterey for the better SIP and head wings. I like that the Monterey can be latched as well because then i don't have to worry about having it be buckled.
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

CPS Fanatic

i voted monterey.....i LOVE the LATCH (for no reason than i suck at buckling in empty boosters) & its wide for my big kids

i do like the turbo tho since it fits a wide range of sizes & all mine have started in a turbo before moving to the monterey
    Ginny
    Mom to 4!
    DS1 16yo, DS2 15yo, DD 11yo & DS3 9yo

It depends on the age/size. For smaller/younger kids I like the HBTB. But for my older kids I like the Monterey.
    Julia CPST and Mom to 6 crazy kids:
    Megan (13), Kayla (11), Jamie (9), Ian (7), Emi (6), and Clare (2)- all riding safely in a 2011 Honda Odyssey
    And Our Angel Baby Aiden 8/26-27/15

Carseat Crazy

I picked Monterey because it fits my 8yo great and has LATCH and was reasonably priced.
    Katy
    Full-time stepmom to DD1, 11, Incognito/5-stepping
    Mama to DD2, 5, True Fit, Complete Air, booster training
    DD3, 2.5, RA50, MyRide

No matter what I've tried, I keep coming back to Monterey for my dd as her favorite. No other booster that I've tested out has supported dd's legs and was comfortable for her. She used the Parkway from 4-5.5yrs and then complained about the fit.

Plus, I really do like the LATCH system for a booster. I just hate THOSE clips they use with the Monterey. I'd willingly pay extra for the same alligator style connectors they have on the Radians.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

For my son, the Harmony Dreamtime is my favorite. It provides the best fit on his petite frame.
    Genevieve - CPST Instructor
    Ninja - 9
    Gambit - 7
    Rocket - 3

Turbo HB for my skinny boys until they outgrow the HB, then an Amp for low back. I have tried all the pricier seats, and those seats work the best for my boys in my van.
    Monica-former CPST, now just a car-seat safety freak.
    Samuel, 12 yrs, seat belt middle passenger row of our Odyssey.
    Mitchell, 10yrs, back row, Amp.
    Lucy, 6 years, booster. All of us occasionally ride in a Honda Fit.

it so depends on the kid and the vehicle... in my world... for a broad kid like Jeffrey... Monterey and (since the ones he used to have in my dh's car are discontinued) Vivo

for Ruthie... a 4-way tie between the oobr, vivo, and probooster/import the kidfix monza (I lust after the oobr and the monza with rigid isofix)

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

I have an Oobr and a Monterey and I love both, but I have to say my favorite is the Monterey because it fits all the kids I have put in it, the Oobr is not a good fit for some.