Huge Kudos to Nannies!!!

henrietta

I just wanted to say an enormous THANK YOU to the nannies, sitters, and grannies on this list who take the time to keep the children in their care safe. There are many here, and I think it's truly wonderful that you all go to great lengths to be responsible for someone else's children. The children and their families are extremely blessed to have you watching out for them, even if they don't always know it! :) I'm totally jealous and wish that it were easier to find such wonderful caregivers--there aren't as many like you out there as there should be!

henrietta

ADS

babyherder

Awwww. Thank you! The trick is to stop thinking of them as other people's children. They are, of course. But to me they're the kids I borrow and I treat them like my own until the parents come back.

msg221

As soon as I found out my friend was pregnant with Nour & Zain and as she was getting ready to register at BRU, I started researching car seats to help her out. I have always made a point to tell her how important this was to me and she appreciated all the help. She eventually chose the Graco Safeseat and I ended up buying her one as her shower gift. Since then, she's always asked me to help with anything car seat related and in a 3 year timeframe, along came Ethan, Katelyn, Owen and Chase, so I was busy helping their parents too! And in the next couple of weeks, it will have been one year since I got certified!

Every one of these kids means the world to me and I can't imagine not doing all I could to keep them safe.

AKMom

As a granny, thank you!

I laugh at myself when I worry about 5-stepping the 8 1/2 year old. At her age, my kids were long out of boosters (15, 20 and 25 years ago!)

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Thank you!! now if i could get my parents to get onboard with best practice vs the law i would feel better about what i do

Ellie173

Thank you to those on here who are willing to teach! I am new here but you all have taught me more than I ever would have learned otherwise, the world needs more teachers like you all!

NannyMom

I just wanted to say an enormous THANK YOU to the nannies, sitters, and grannies on this list who take the time to keep the children in their care safe. There are many here, and I think it's truly wonderful that you all go to great lengths to be responsible for someone else's children. The children and their families are extremely blessed to have you watching out for them, even if they don't always know it! :) I'm totally jealous and wish that it were easier to find such wonderful caregivers--there aren't as many like you out there as there should be!

henrietta

Thank you. Now, could you tell that to some of teh parents around here so I could get a job? ;)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Awww, thanks. As I tell every parent and other caregiver I talk to, if I am going to do the most dangerous thing I can with those kids -- transport them in a motor vehicle -- I owe it to them to keep them as safe as humanly possible. God forbid something happen to them, I have to be able to know without a shadow of a doubt that I did EVERYTHING possible to keep them safe.

And babyherder has it exactly right -- the trick is to treat them every bit as carefully as we would our own kiddos, if not moreso. I think once you know what we know, from being here, there's just no other option! :)

Kat_Momof3

Awwww. Thank you! The trick is to stop thinking of them as other people's children. They are, of course. But to me they're the kids I borrow and I treat them like my own until the parents come back.

that is so sweet!

I'd be happy if most of the caregivers would just think of them (only while traveling in the car mind you) as potential lawsuits... aka... carseat has to be installed right... parents could sue otherwise if child is injured/killed while being transported.

seat must be unexpired, clean (aka, not moldy), and fit child... again... or parents could sue otherwise.

Child should be properly fitted, minimum aap recommendations be that... the minimums for rules, otherwise, sure, if parents want their 2yr old ff, their 5yr old in a booster, their child who fits the seatbelt to use one... sure... because (AGAIN) parents could sue.

The caregivers who post here (and the aunties, uncles, and grandparents) just go so above and beyond and we love you!

Brianna

This site has been such a valuable resource to me. I know I can't stop all potential injuries, but thanks to all the techs and enthusiasts here I know I'm keeping my friends' children as safe as I can in my car :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks!!! My nanny kids are my world, so it is incredibly important for me to keep them safe.

I just convinced one of my families to keep their 4yo harnessed and they got him a Maui Blue FR85. :D

babyherder

Awww, thanks. As I tell every parent and other caregiver I talk to, if I am going to do the most dangerous thing I can with those kids -- transport them in a motor vehicle -- I owe it to them to keep them as safe as humanly possible. God forbid something happen to them, I have to be able to know without a shadow of a doubt that I did EVERYTHING possible to keep them safe.

:yeahthat: The only way I could ever maybe possibly live with myself is if I know I did everything I could.

southernveg

This totally made my day. I am WAY more strict about car seats than any and every parent I've ever nannied for. Good to know someone pays attention! Thanks to everyone here for being willing to teach!

henrietta

You're welcome. And I mean it!!!!

One of our members here lives near me and is a nanny. She pm'd me to ask for some car-seat help. That's what made me think of it. It's so hard to entrust your children's lives to someone else, and you all do go above and beyond to make that possible. I don't think that some parents recognize your value or contribution as much as they should.

:)

henrietta

ConnorsMommy

Thanks! As a mom and a nanny/sitter, I keep the kids in my care safe in the same way I do my son. He's 4.5 and still harnessed in a Frontier 85 or Evenflo Maestro in my van. His life and safety aren't more important than theirs, so why would I do things that are less safe for them? I don't think I could forgive myself if something happened to a child in my care because I was careless.
I recently started caring for 6.5 year old twins after school who use backless booster seats in their mom's van. I just noticed today that both of them are in the 3rd row without headrests. :(Anyways, I told their mom when I first started caring for them that I prefer them to be in HBB (Graco TB). I make sure that they buckle up right and stay in position. Their school is 20 minutes from my house and involves freeway driving, so no backless boosters with me!
I start with another family next week that has an 18 month old and a 3 year old. I told them mom the first day I met her that I follow the AAP's guidelines of RF to at least 2 years old and would be RF her son in my car (I have a seat he can use). She hadn't heard of it and had turned him at 1, but wasn't opposed to me doing it.
I just wish more parents would do their research!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC