Vent This is why u double check

lovemybabies924

DH had a friend ride with him who was so large he had to take out the babies car seat... DH let that friend put the seat back in for him... I'm not happy, thank goodness I'm the only one who rides alone with baby

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Last edited:
ADS

Brianna

If it makes you feel better, J's mom had a friend install. She LATCHed one of the RF LATCH hooks but not the other, then put the lap/shoulder belt through the FF belt path (seat was RF) and clicked it in, didn't attempt to lock at all.

J's mom *didn't* double check and he rode in the seat a few miles like that!

JeDeeLenae

Was it at least not falling over at the lightest touch? My husband can install it in the right belt path, but can't get a tight install for the life of him.

Baylor

Wrong belt path.. Man.. That looks scary.. I am sure not as scary as you have all seen.. But man..

mommyfrog

My nephew's seat was in ff with the belt through the rf path once. I could just imagine it flipping forward.

jolynn6

My hubby got mad at our myride and walked about after about 10mins I said did ya get it..no ill try again in a few I need to walk away...so he goes back comes in and I go "check" I said ok well what'd u do wrong the first time? ...I tried to put it in the back(ff path) insted of bottom(rf path). He's been shown 999967 times and still has a few problems I always do a mom check

lovemybabies924

its actually rock solid according to DH..i didnt touch it..i was too mad haha...not mad his friend put it in wrong since i saw...i was mad because it had to be removed in the 1st place haha

lourdes

Well, I have a in-home day care and last week I walk with one of the kids to the car and his seat was just like that, he is not even 2 yet! I told the dad that the seat was not right an he said it was fine because it was solid rock! He didn't let me reinstall it, it was like that for a few days until I call the mother of the child, went today again and the belt is in the right path but it is not tight, it has like 4 inches of movement!!! I just give up! He wont let me help!!!!!! So, ignorance is running free!!!

Twinklefae

When I was first realizing that I needed to learn more about car seats to keep my son safe, I traded out his infant seat (Evenflo, installed so horribly I won't even talk about it) for a Cosco Scenera. Which I installed just like that. I had no idea there was another belt path.

vrclay

My SIL had me double check the install in my FIL's car. I asked him for the keys and went to work. So totally not even close to secure. My FIL says to my SIL, I got it in there good, there's no way she is stronger than me. Stronger, maybe not. Smarter and better informed, um, no doubt about it.

lovemybabies924

vrclay said:
My SIL had me double check the install in my FIL's car. I asked him for the keys and went to work. So totally not even close to secure. My FIL says to my SIL, I got it in there good, there's no way she is stronger than me. Stronger, maybe not. Smarter and better informed, um, no doubt about it.

Hehe awesome

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC