What is cheaper then Frontier but offers comparable height

nevaehsmommy

I was shocked this weekend to see my 21 month cousin had already outgrown the myride I loaned her mom. So then for kicks I put her in the Nautilus I would have loaned her and she has outgrown that as well. So what does that leave? Her mom is more then willing to booster so I have to tread gently.

Mom is nearly 6 ft and dad is 6ft 8. Fathers sister is well over 6 foot as well. Baby is wearing size 12 shoes already.

ADS

Brianna

:jaw: 21 months and outgrown a Nautilus? :jaw:

Off hand I would have to say see if she fits into an RSTV.

mkmama

:jaw: 21 months and outgrown a Nautilus? :jaw:

Off hand I would have to say see if she fits into an RSTV.

:yeahthatlove: ...that means at not quite 2 years old, she's taller than my 6.5 year old (and my hubby is 6'5")! Glad I'm not car seat shopping for her!

mama2girls

:eek:

Maybe you could post an ISO in swap for a Britax Regent. At least something used would be a little cheaper. I've occasionally seen Regents for sale by BabySurplus on ebay. They're reputable. At least it might get her closer to 4 before she has to go in a booster.

Makes me glad my girls are little!

Pixels

The only thing with any significant height over the Nautilus is the Frontier85, but that only gives about 2 inches. Given the child's age, I'd say RSTV or 86-Y.

KaiLing

I'm interested in these responses: we've only done RF, but my giant dude only fits in a Radian, has since about 28 months. I haven't tried to put him in a Nautilus, sounds like I need to think ahead for the Frontier...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Are you CERTAIN you had the headrest up all the way to expose that last top set of slots on the nauti?
What HAS the child been riding in? The myride? Because...i mean..the difference in top slot height between the myride and nautilus is like....2 full inches. Is the child currently riding around in a seat in which she is over the top slots by 2 full inches? Which would also put her head like totally out of the shell?

kalamos23

Ok, totally shoot me down, but you can go over the strap slots rfing, so getting a complete air or true fit might actually fit her if her head is still within the 1" shell rule, right? I mean, she might actually have more time rfing than ffing, if she is at 18" torso and the seat has a tall enough shell.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

caritas

Ok, totally shoot me down, but you can go over the strap slots rfing, so getting a complete air or true fit might actually fit her if her head is still within the 1" shell rule, right? I mean, she might actually have more time rfing than ffing, if she is at 18" torso and the seat has a tall enough shell.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

The CA doesn't go by the 1 inch rule, it goes by max height of child at 40"... so even if there are multiple inches, but child is over 40" themselves, it isn't to be used.

nevaehsmommy

She was over the top harness slot on the myride by a good two thumbs width. He ears were still in the shell but just barely. But no matter bc she was over the harness.

However come to think of it. I might only have the harness on the third slot. I keep moving it from the 4 th to the 3 rd for Nevaeh. At any rate she is over the third slot then. Going to go look now.

nevaehsmommy

Ok who ever called slot three wins! I feel stupid now! At any rate she should be on slot 4. A local momma who reads this board is helping me out

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Okay, good, because my 9.5yo is on the short side but it's hard for me to believe that a 21mo has a taller torso.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC