Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Is this possible? How would you go about it?

I met the PTA president today at DD1s Kindergarten orientation and I am really interested in getting involved. They have programs and committees in charge of finding out what our school's family needs, and how we can fill those needs. (its a lower income area) The number of children I saw in just seatbelts at 5 and under broke my heart, and I really believe that most of it is lack of education. I'm thinking of proposing a safety fair/event. Theme wise something like "Buckle up and Go!" pops into my head. I think it would be fun to have some toy cars out and various displays etc. I'd like to have a tech at a booth who could give advice on what kind of seats are appropriate for what children and maybe have some examples out on the floor (Cheap bucket, a Scenera, and a booster?) and also have pamphlets on car seat safety, where to get a seat checked, etc.
    Would that be something a tech would be interested in doing, and if so how do I find someone who would be willing to do it? As a parent, would it be something you would like to see at your school?
    Mom to
    R-6/4/06, 50lbs, chillin in a F85 in the Sedona, Recaro Vivo in the Ion
    E-7/1/2011, Currently 28lbs Momentum65 in the Sedona, Guide65 in the Ion

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Is this possible? How would you go about it?

As a tech, it's something I'd love to do. In fact, if you're not too far away, I'd volunteer.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

4. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Brigala View Post
    As a tech, it's something I'd love to do. In fact, if you're not too far away, I'd volunteer.
    PMing you
    Mom to

Bumping this because I talked with the president today and she said "Go for it". So excited! As a tech-what would you need from my end as far as info/liability/anything else?
    Mom to