1st time setting foot in the stroller forum!

TheRealMacGyver

I haven't spent much time in this section, but I am going to need to buy a new stroller soon, so no time better than the present to start. Our original stroller is an Eddie Bauer, but who makes it, I don't know. It has the infant seat that locks into the stroller. I do know that the stupid cover on it requires a screwdriver and a lot of patience to remove for washing.:mad:

My son is almost 15 months and I would like something that works well on hard surface, but could handle a little off-road at times as well. No need to have a jogger or one of those fancy ones, just a functional stroller with a little storage. Something that folds easily. Definately a removable cover for cleaning. I know you guys can recommend the perfect stroller for me-right? I am totally clueless about strollers.

ADS

arly1983

ok,

best "does it all" stroller in my opinion is a mcclaren triumph or volo....

ETA: after the eddie bauer stroller (I was loaned one), the mcclaren will be like driving a dream....

mommy2jana

I love my, I mean my dd's, Maclaren Volo! It steers like a dream compared to our old Graco one. It is very lightweight, and it folds up so compact! I don't know how easy the cover removes because I've never had to do it...but the material is sort of mesh like, would be very easy to wipe clean. It doesn't recline, I don't know if your ds needs that or not.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I haven't used my Chicco C1 yet, but I think it will do all you are asking. It even has adjustable suspension.

Susan

TheRealMacGyver

Do you have a budget in mind? Because I sell strollers from $99 to upwards of $700

Yeh, I guess I probably should've mentioned a budget. I don't really have one, but I don't see myself spending $700 on one!:D Maybe under $200?

I'm going to do a search and look at the ones mentioned in a minute. First have to reboot computer (acting funny) and take care of the monkey climbing on my leg!

mominabigtruck

This is from someone who has never really spent on a stroller, you get what you pay for. I've had evenflo, cosco, graco and kolcraft strollers and have never really LOVED any of them. I do love my graco quattro tour duo but that doesn't help you;) I'm looking at getting a maclaren or maybe even a graco ipo pretty soon since ds is going to school in the fall so I won't need a double all the time now. I would take your ds to bru or whatever baby store is near you and try some out. You can't really tell what you like unless you try them out with your child because all strollers steer great with no kids in them.

R&J'sMom

I purchased a Chicco C5 a couple weeks ago and I love it. It's lightweight, folds pretty small, steers like a dream, looks nice, and it was only $90. Here's a pic:

000_6020.jpg

lovinwaves

Yeh, I guess I probably should've mentioned a budget. I don't really have one, but I don't see myself spending $700 on one!:D Maybe under $200?

I'm going to do a search and look at the ones mentioned in a minute. First have to reboot computer (acting funny) and take care of the monkey climbing on my leg!

How tall are you?

If you are wanting something than the same ole same ole Maclaren, Chicco, Peg-perego, ect...I definitely have that. Maclarens and Peg's are so saturated and can be pricey, so I like different types of stroller brands and models. All my strollers have free shipping.

Soooo.... I personally like the new Baby-Planet strollers! This is the new SOLO Sport http://www.baby-planet.com/products/SoloSport.aspx I have that one for $189 . I think it is uber cool looking, and is definitely one my DH would have no problems pushing.

If you like BonJovi I have the whole Bonjovi line of strollers like the Rock Star Baby.. Here they are.. They are about $99-$139, and very comparable to the Maclarens, but in my opinion better. http://www.gtbaby.com/

The Mia Moda Cielo is also extremely popular and has a quick fold on it http://www.miamodainc.com/strollers/cielo.asp That one is ONLY $149.99

Oooo Oooo Oooo I also forgot the new Mutsy Spider!!! It is sooo cool looking, and has an incredible push. It just got named "Stroller O the Month" by StrollerQueen. www.strollerqueen.com it is only $249!! http://www.mutsy.com/products/spider

TheRealMacGyver

How tall are you?

I'm short, 5'8"

I looked at the links and I can already see that this is going to be like the carseat purchase all over again-YIKES! I like that Solo Sport one-it has a beer holder!:D

I guess I need to do a field trip and check out the differences and figure out what I like/dislike. I was thinking the bigger tires would be good, but I don't really know.

lovinwaves

I'm short, 5'8"

I looked at the links and I can already see that this is going to be like the carseat purchase all over again-YIKES! I like that Solo Sport one-it has a beer holder!:D

Yes, it is alot like carseat shopping. This is why I do personalized shopping for people looking for strollers, baby products, and baby gear. There is a sea of strollers out there to buy so I help assist you in picking out the perfect stroller for you and your family. Baby on the Go is all about Customer Service :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC