Is This My Battle To Fight?

TyAndCheyMommy

I have had a few threads before regarding a few of my children and riding a school van back and forth to school.
To sum it up: Ty and Chey ride the school van (which is now a 2011 Mini van). Cheyenne is in an My Ride car seat and Ty is in a Frontier harnessed.

I was having some problems with the driver continually taking out Tyler's car seat and moving it, and not installing it properly. I had a talk with both the driver and superintendent (who deals with all transportation issues).
Driver agreed that if we put seat in one seat she would not move it, she understands that I am concerned for his safety.
Superintendent is adamant that Tyler should be in a backless booster seat (provided by them) because legally he can sit in one and it would be easier on everyone.
I specifically told the superintendent not a chance and that was the end of it.

So fast forward to today (note this is not actually regarding either of my children).
When Cheyenne got dropped off at noon today I was getting her wheelchair out of the back and 2 of the backless booster seats were on the floor next to the chair. The one I could see sticker on says Nov 2001. The other one looks older, but I am not sure as I didn't look at sticker.

Should I tell the driver? Should I tell the superintendent?
Part of me wants to call superintendent up and make a comment about the expired boosters and his "legal for Ty to ride in" comments.... But I don't want to come across wrong.

I was considering sending an nicely worded e-mail explaining that the seats are expired and therefore no longer safe to use...

BUT then again- is this really my battle to fight???

ADS

KaiLing

Ugh. You know what I might do? I might see how I could do something for CPS week, like hand out a flyer to the parents or send an email or something with general tips and just put the tip about expired seats at the top. Maybe you catch a parent, maybe you catch a teacher or administrator, you feel like you did something, but you don't feel like you launched into a battle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC