Educating about RF anonymously?

starbuck22

Senior Community Member
I know this may sound strange, but do you all have any ideas on getting someone RF info anonymously. My Brother-in Law and his wife have two little girls ages 3 and 1. I know they are both FF and I think the 3 year old has been since before 20lbs. The 3yr old is TINY, the last I heard she was only 23lbs, and that was probably around Christmas. I peeped in at their carseats the last time I saw their car (summertime). She would have been maybe 28 mths and she was in some Eddie Bauer something or other FF. Anyway, the younger one just turned 1 and I only know they turned her around because they brought my MIL pictures of them putting her in a FF seat like it was some great milestone.:eek: If you haven't guessed our relationship with them is strained. We see them as little as possible even though we live in the same area. They treat MIL like a child on the best days (she's in a nursing home). DH and I exclusively take care of her, buy things and visit, while BIL and SIL collect the checks. There is no way DH or I could approach them directly about it. DH is the baby of the family and I'm quite a bit younger so we know nothing about anything. I feel like they're missing out on a great thing safety wise. Shoot, the 3yr old could RF to 6 at least (she's short too). They would argue that the 3yr old would have a fit RF I'm sure. But, the 1yr old could certainly RF again unless they were stupid enough to get a ff only seat. I'm sure she is over 20lbs, she was a chunk. I thought about just waiting until DS is considered a ERFer and waiting for the obvious questions. By then though it'll probably be too late, he's 10mths and we rarely see them. Even at that, they wouldn't listen to me or DH. I've thought about an e-mail from another address or snail-mailing the RF brochure. If they don't take it to heart at least I tried. Ideas? Thanks!

ADS

katiesmommy

Since they live nearby is there any chance that you could drop a flyer on their windsheild when they didn't know about it? Making sure to include info on internal decapitation and paralysis and death, and maybe include a picture of an older child rear-facing pointing out how there are no documented cases of leg injuries when rear-facing for extended ages.

Loves2sing

I would do what the PP suggested or do a flyer in their mailbox. If you don't want them to know YOU dropped it off, either have a friend do it, or do it when you know they aren't at home.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wish I could come up with a good way to anonymously educate!

I know SO many people who are making mistakes. Here are a few that I have seen in the past few days:

1) Graco Snugride. 4-week-old baby. Harness loose and twisted.

2) Graco Snugride. 6-month-old baby. THICK harness strap covers, chest clip at the belly button, harness loose.

3) Britax Companion. 7-month-old baby. Loose harness.

4) Britax Boulevard. 12-month-old baby. Forward-facing. Loose harness. No HUGS.

5) Britax Marathon. 2.5-year-old child. Forward-facing. Harness in second from bottom slots (way below shoulders).

6) Graco ComfortSport. 2-year-old child. Forward-facing. Harness twisted and below shoulders.

7) Evenflo Triumph. 2-year-old child. Forward-facing. Harness twisted and below shoulders.

8) Evenflo Titan. 3-year-old child. Forward-facing. Harness loose and missing chest clip.

Those are just a few of the mistakes I have seen in the past few days. All of these, however, are "touchy" situations. I am not sure how to help educate without overstepping boundaries.

starbuck22

Senior Community Member
I was toying with dropping off a flier. However there is no way that I'd be able to put it on the windshield when they aren't home, while we are in the same area it's about a 45 min drive and I have no idea what their schedules are, I think it fluctuates. Tracking down the car at their work is a little creepy for me, I'm not sure yet.

amyg530

maybe type up a flyer and email it to somebody here who can print it and mail it from another state?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC