Maybe our last rearfacing ride

Suzibeck

I was curious how our new Scenera would install rf so I installed it rf in my van. It was very easy to install, but I noticed the lack of padding as I put my knee into it to tighten the belt. My dd is not the only one spoiled by Britax padding.:p

Dd really wanted to go for a ride so I buckled her up. She weighed right at 35# at the doctor the other day and still weighs 33# on my scale. I told her we have to go by the doctor's scale so she can't keep riding rf, but we took a quick trip.

My 10 yo says, "I wish they made seats for 10 yo's to rf." and my 7 yo says "yea, I wish there was a seat for me to rf." I told her that in Sweden she probably could, at least by weight. So then, they all start begging to move to Sweden. LOL. We do have relatives who live there, but I dout we could just move in on them permanantly.

Oh well... Unless God blesses us with another surprise, our rf days are over. :(

ADS

Loves2sing

The next generation of carseat nuts are all FF in your cars. And they probably will have all their kids RF until they can drive! You taught them well!;)

Suzibeck

LOL. So true, and we have come such a long way! With oldest dd, we used a locking clip on a lapbelt to get a tight install. She turned ff at 9 months (hit 22 lbs, the limit of her seat), moved to a shield booster at 30 lbs, at least part of the time, because it was easy to use. She moved to a bpb full time at 3 1/2 because at 40lbs we had no other options. At least she was always belted unlike myself and dh who grew up with cars that didn't even have functioning seatbelts. I wonder what car safety will look like by the time my grandkids arrive.

Loves2sing

I have often wondered about the seats our grandchildren will be in. Just think, one day our kids will be on the forums talking about how ancient Ma's are! LOL

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I have often wondered about the seats our grandchildren will be in. Just think, one day our kids will be on the forums talking about how ancient Ma's are! LOL

Or how they couldn't believe we ever debated over RF Tethering! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC