Britax Roundabout...

PunkyMonkey

IMG_8286.jpg

Saw this ad for Target... look where the chest clip is?! I was very sad when I saw this, it's no where near where it should be!!!!

But I have some general questions about this seat... is it a good seat to buy? I have some good friends of mine looking into this seat and it is considerably cheaper than a Marathon or Blvd but it only goes up to 50 pounds so that is the downfall but honestly how many kids grow out of their seat by weight before height? It is still rear facing to 40 pounds and has a pretty decent shell / height limit right?

Their DD is only 6 months old and 17 pounds and 27 inches long at the moment, she's long and thin!

They are pretty stuck on getting a Britax and of course money is leaning them towards the RA vs the MA or Blvd.

Also, it says "Classic convertible"... does that mean they are the 2009 model? Looking at the base they look like the older ones. Is there a reason she should steer clear of them if they are the older model? They aren't having any more kids after this one.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions! :)

ADS

jjordan

It RF to 35# and has a tall enough shell to keep most kids RF to that weight limit, or close, anyway. It will typically be outgrown FF after the kid has reached a safe booster age. The top harness slots are around 17" tall. It does not fit most newborns well. It is the same as the Roundabout50 that stopped being sold elsewhere about a year ago, but I believe that the manufacture dates are current. (My understanding is that they are now a Target exclusive, and all other stores are selling the newer models.)

ETA: It's a great seat for $100, IMO. In fact I'm wondering if I know anyone that needs a convertible, because I'd definitely recommend it for that price!

agave

It's a good tall skinny seat as long as the kid doesn't mid the lack of leg room. My 3 yr old is less picky about leg room than her little sister. It also does not have lockoffs. My long torsoed 3 yr old rode in one for about 3 weeks with no complaints and had plenty of head room and 2 more lbs before she hits the RF weight limit. It also fits very nicely next to a radian facing the same direction if space is an issue.

rxmommy

I thought that was last week's sale? Is it still on this week? The MyRide was $100, too. Another great seat.

luckyclov

Yeah, on Target's website, there's a picture a baby in a Keyfit. The chest clip is a little low - not quite that dramatic - and the baby is definitely over 11 lbs and the inserts are still in the seat.

PunkyMonkey

This one is just awful, like across her stomach!

Just got this flier in last Sundays paper (9/4/11) so I think it is for this whole week!

Thanks for all the info everyone, I will pass this along to my friend! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC