Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Britax Roundabout...

Saw this ad for Target... look where the chest clip is?! I was very sad when I saw this, it's no where near where it should be!!!!

But I have some general questions about this seat... is it a good seat to buy? I have some good friends of mine looking into this seat and it is considerably cheaper than a Marathon or Blvd but it only goes up to 50 pounds so that is the downfall but honestly how many kids grow out of their seat by weight before height? It is still rear facing to 40 pounds and has a pretty decent shell / height limit right?

Their DD is only 6 months old and 17 pounds and 27 inches long at the moment, she's long and thin!

They are pretty stuck on getting a Britax and of course money is leaning them towards the RA vs the MA or Blvd.

Also, it says "Classic convertible"... does that mean they are the 2009 model? Looking at the base they look like the older ones. Is there a reason she should steer clear of them if they are the older model? They aren't having any more kids after this one.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!
    M Dec 2010, 93 lbs, 49.5 in | Chicco LBB
    E Dec 2019, in utero | Nuna Pipa Lite, Maxi Cosi Mico 30, Diono Radian RXT (for later)
    2019 Acura MDX A-spec
    2015 BMW 328i Msport
    2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Britax Roundabout...

It RF to 35# and has a tall enough shell to keep most kids RF to that weight limit, or close, anyway. It will typically be outgrown FF after the kid has reached a safe booster age. The top harness slots are around 17" tall. It does not fit most newborns well. It is the same as the Roundabout50 that stopped being sold elsewhere about a year ago, but I believe that the manufacture dates are current. (My understanding is that they are now a Target exclusive, and all other stores are selling the newer models.)

ETA: It's a great seat for $100, IMO. In fact I'm wondering if I know anyone that needs a convertible, because I'd definitely recommend it for that price!
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

4. Thank You from:

It's a good tall skinny seat as long as the kid doesn't mid the lack of leg room. My 3 yr old is less picky about leg room than her little sister. It also does not have lockoffs. My long torsoed 3 yr old rode in one for about 3 weeks with no complaints and had plenty of head room and 2 more lbs before she hits the RF weight limit. It also fits very nicely next to a radian facing the same direction if space is an issue.
    N - 6/08 51" 59 lbs, Backless Monterey
    E - 11/09 48" 48 lbs, Parkway

6. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member rxmommy's Avatar

I thought that was last week's sale? Is it still on this week? The MyRide was $100, too. Another great seat.
    Annie, mommy to...
    Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel #3 10/08,
    Sophia 1/10 and
    Isaac 6/11/12

Yeah, on Target's website, there's a picture a baby in a Keyfit. The chest clip is a little low - not quite that dramatic - and the baby is definitely over 11 lbs and the inserts are still in the seat.
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

The Classic goes to 35# RF, the RA 55 goes to 40 RF but costs more.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

10. Thank You from:

This one is just awful, like across her stomach!

Just got this flier in last Sundays paper (9/4/11) so I think it is for this whole week!

Thanks for all the info everyone, I will pass this along to my friend!
    M Dec 2010, 93 lbs, 49.5 in | Chicco LBB
    E Dec 2019, in utero | Nuna Pipa Lite, Maxi Cosi Mico 30, Diono Radian RXT (for later)
    2019 Acura MDX A-spec
    2015 BMW 328i Msport
    2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew