A Baby Story yesterday...

laurenrachey

Or maybe it was Bringing Home Baby...can't remember. They were showing the Dad before the delivery, he's installing the infant seat and talking about becoming a father. I thought the base looked funny, it was a snugride. He snapped it in and said "That should do it!" Yeah, it was forward facing! :eek: I bet he felt like an idiot when that aired! It later showed them coming home, and of course it had been fixed. Jeez!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The show "House of Babies" had an episode about the head midwife's daughter, who was also a midwife. It showed her wearing her baby, ursing him, etc which was great and then she took him to the car and put him in his car seat--a forward facing Marathon. He was SIX MONTHS old.

Loves2sing

I can't even watch those shows anymore. The lack of proper car seat usage makes me so angry, so I avoid watching!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Nevermind reading the manual... how about looking at the picture on the side of the seat that shows it facing the back of the car! When will people learn? :rolleyes:

Pawy

Sorry to butt in here and i must speak for some of us Male,s, When you read a manual it just takes all the fun out of it and shows that we dont know what we are doing..

Yes we dont know what we are doing but we dont want to show others that. We are Male of course..!!

ha ha ha ha
Paul

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Sorry to butt in here and i must speak for some of us Male,s, When you read a manual it just takes all the fun out of it and shows that we dont know what we are doing..

Yes we dont know what we are doing but we dont want to show others that. We are Male of course..!!

ha ha ha ha
Paul

I understand... but, you can still glance inconspicuously at the side of the carseat and get very basic instructions. ;)

I would also think that you would want to protect your most prized possession (your child) from any danger and that starts with reading your manual, behind closed doors where no one can see you if need be, but READ YOUR MANUAL! :D :D

arly1983

Or maybe it was Bringing Home Baby...can't remember. They were showing the Dad before the delivery, he's installing the infant seat and talking about becoming a father. I thought the base looked funny, it was a snugride. He snapped it in and said "That should do it!" Yeah, it was forward facing! :eek: I bet he felt like an idiot when that aired! It later showed them coming home, and of course it had been fixed. Jeez!

I saw that too....

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I saw it too.

Dh told me to go ahead and install the seat. I wanted to teach him how, but he said just do it. So here I am 22 weeks pg...and the base is already in the car!

In our defense, we don't know when this baby is coming(as in I could go into labor any day) and once that happens, I'll probably stay close to the NICU, an hour and a half from home.

Susan

Loves2sing

I saw it too.

Dh told me to go ahead and install the seat. I wanted to teach him how, but he said just do it. So here I am 22 weeks pg...and the base is already in the car!

In our defense, we don't know when this baby is coming(as in I could go into labor any day) and once that happens, I'll probably stay close to the NICU, an hour and a half from home.

Susan

I'm sorry to hear that Susan, that the baby wants to come so soon. I hope your precious little one stays in there as long as possible and as close to 40 weeks as he/she can! Good luck, (((hugs))), and prayers are being sent your way!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry to hear that Susan, that the baby wants to come so soon. I hope your precious little one stays in there as long as possible and as close to 40 weeks as he/she can! Good luck, (((hugs))), and prayers are being sent your way!

30 weeks is our current goal.

Susan

bbartlettnfld

I saw an episode of Bringing Home Baby Ages ago and it showed the dad trying to install the original PP Primo viaggio at the hospital with DW holding the baby waiting.. It was really bad he was really struggling with it, it wasn't in properly at all and he was getting frustated. Anyway at the end of the show when they ask what your would have changed, he says "install the carseat before you get to the hospital" Ahh DUH doesn't everyone do this? I had my base in the car at 36 weeks 6 weeks before DD arrived ( I was induced at 42 weeks)
BethAnn

amyg530

when hubby and i put the snugride in the car for DS1 (omg i can say ds1 b/c i'm gonna have a ds2!!! how awesome is that? sorry totally OT but we had our US yesterday and are having another boy and i'm so totally stoked, anyway)

we read and re read the manual like we were about to build a rocket ship or something b/c we wanted to make sure we got it right, and this was long before i was :this: obsessed with car seats (always knew they were super important but never spent hours at a time looking at them online:whistle: )

bbartlettnfld

Amy- congrats on having another boy, I am pregnant with #2 as well but we have no idea what is kicking me!! X your fingers that on Saturday it will be in a good position so we can take a peek! Its been sideways and facing my back for the last 2! As here U/S are Monthly. We really want to know.. I'm quietly betting girl but Dh thinks its a boy!
BethAnn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC