My dd2 used a booster for the first time

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Well, I finally caved and bought my 6yo dd a booster for daddy's car last week. Target had the Graco Safe Seat 3 in pink with butterflies on sale and dd's 2 & 3 were with me and I of course had to go down the car seat aisle! Dh has been annoyed that he couldn't have more than one adult passenger in his little Mazda Protege because the back seat was taken up with the MA and WZ both outboard, and dd doesn't ride in that car more than once a week at the most (and sometimes goes months without riding in it!). She is 6 1/2 about 43" and 44#, and she fits pretty well in the booster on the second to lowest setting. I put it in the 3rd row of my van at the store to see how she would do riding in it on the way home (all of 5 miles lol) and she did ok, so I took out her MA in dh's car when he got home (wah!) and put the booster in. It wouldn't fit in the middle next to the ff WZ, so I had to put it passenger side outboard. Luckily the belts in the Mazda have switchable retractors so it helps with my peace of mind that she will stay in place. We took a short trip to our friend's house about 35 mins away this weekend and she did well. I just have to get over the fact that she is not going to be harnessed all the time anymore. I just sold her first MA with a cowmooflage cover too:( . Although, she probably has less than a year left in her MA, and I showed her the Regent in Madison and she wants to get that when she gets too big for the MA in my Odyssey LOL.
Thanks for reading, I just had to tell someone who might feel the same way as I do about "graduating" to a booster!

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Don't forget to screw the armrests on properly :)

Yeah, I know what it's like to put your kids in bigger seats :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC