Those w/ infant seats, especially SS1

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Does yout harness adjuster strap show any wear or fraying? I was looking at mine tonight and it does and the post last week about the Radian fraying got me thinking.

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
my MA has this...on both the adjuster strap and the latch straps...

both of my MAs actually

ThreeBeans

The adjuster on my Snugride, which I used for both of my first two, has no fraying. My SSI is brand new so no fraying there either ;)

chelle80

Mine does, its from loosening/tightening the harness. The metal thing that "locks" the adjuster has sharp edges and if you don't pull striaght up it will fray it. We used it from october to the middle of april everyday and at least in and out 3 or 4 times a day. Now we just use it about 2x's a week in DH's truck. I called graco about mine and they told me it was still ok as long as it wasn't the harness fraying.

Here is a pic(although not a good one), its the best i could get,lol!

SD530842-re.jpg

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My SS1 isn't showing any signs yet. It's been in use for a bit less than 3 months though, so hasn't been used a great length of time yet... we do loosen and tighten the harness each time though and tend to use it like a convertible lately, so he's in and out multiple times per trip.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Our Combi bucket has some pretty significant fraying, and we only used it for just shy of 3 months. I was going to keep it for baby #3, but I'm not sure about the safety of the frayed strap.

ktmo

My Safeseat looks pretty good, but we have only been using it for 2 months. I am hoping to get a good year out of it, so I will keep this in mind. I'll keep an eye out for fraying.

Katie

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Michelle, mine looks like yours. I'll shoot an e-mail today just to make sure, plus my canopy has issues and I need to e-mail them about that anyways. Thanks.

ilana105.jpg

Loves2sing

my MA has this...on both the adjuster strap and the latch straps...

both of my MAs actually

I was warned when I bought my MA, that we had to *make sure* to always pull the straps completley straight, not to the side. So dh and I have been very faithful to do this. Almost 2 years later, and no fraying. I do the same with my Radian, no fraying with that either. Maybe that's what you need to do with the Safeseats as well.:twocents:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Well, I'm not sure if it was the fraying or the combo of it and the canopy issues, but we're getting a new seat. This is the first time I've ever had problems w/ any of our 3 Graco infant seats so I'm very pleased w/ the customer service as of now. :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
My Snugride never had fraying on it. One of my MA's has no fraying and the other MA has discolouration and what I would call fuzzing on the edges of the adjuster strap.

I have seen people's pictures that look similar to my MA adjuster strap. I know they've called it fraying but it really does not look like fraying to me.

These straps have to go through some pretty serious abrasion testing. I don't worry about a little discolouration or fuzzing.

If it starts to come apart or unravel, I will be concerned and wanting it replaced... but I don't understand the big issue with discolouration/fuzzing on the very outside edges of an adjuster strap that is run through a tightening device several times a day... especially with an adjuster strap as wide as the MA's.

broken4u05

the boys CS have them in their mom's car. I need to take a photo of it. I dont see the seats that much but i saw it this week and i was worried about it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Not that I've noticed (after 9 months of off-and-on use). I'd look at it now, but my dd1 spirited the seat away to her room to play babies with it :D

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Not that I've noticed (after 9 months of off-and-on use). I'd look at it now, but my dd1 spirited the seat away to her room to play babies with it :D

That's so cute! We went ahead and moved her to the BV today and I miss the seat already! I'm not a huge infant seat advocate, but w/ 3 little kids it sure does come in handy. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC