Target sale: Roundabout, My ride or neither?

errie6

Hi my son is 9 months and almost outgoing his graco infant seat by size. I saw these convertible seats at Target and couldn't pick one. Does anyone have any suggestions on these? He really sweats in his infant seat and doesn't like it so I want to avoid this. I know the price is good, but is either one good or is it best to get a newer style? Let me know what you think. Thanks! I hope to go tomorrow if one of these is good.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hello there!

Both of the seats you mention have a lot of fans. Of the two, I personally prefer the MyRide, but that's my personal preference.

If you're concerned about sweating, you might want to look for a seat with a less plush cover, as those tend to cause more sweating than a twill-type cover, except for the very slick covers (which also cause a lot of sweating.)

May I ask what kind and pattern of infant seat you have the baby in? That might help us know whether it was indeed the seat that was the issue.

Another thing you can do to cool him off some more is make sure to aim air conditioning vents toward the ceiling to bounce cool air down toward him. (I know that's not what you came asking, but I thought I'd throw that suggestion out there just in case!)

henrietta

Just so you don't worry--both of those seats are the "newer style". I haven't heard anywhere that they are being discontinued. There's nothing wrong w/either one.

I think the My Ride has more leg room (and cupholders!), but I put my son in it when he was an infant, and he was NOT happy. He felt confined in the seat, and I didn't like how snug he looked in it. But he is/was my chunky monkey kiddo--my first born skinny dude probably would have loved it at that age, up till he was around 3-4 yrs old, and my petite 15 mos old niece would love it, too. We've had a few Britax seats, and ds2 loves them. They worked well for his larger frame. I think it just depends which one you think your kiddo will like better. They will last about the same amount of time height wise and the My Ride has a 40 lbs rearfacing weight limit, which might be of use to you if he's a fairly big baby. Even my big 3 yr old doesn't weigh 40 lbs yet (he's in 4T clothes and weighs 35 lbs).

They both are supposed to install pretty well and easily.

Those are both great prices--it's unlikely you'll be able to get either seat at that price again for a long, long time!

henrietta

gsdguenter

Ive had both and also refer the MR. They are both great seats though :) I like the 40 lb. rfing limit on the MR and my 4 yr old still fits in it rfing so it lasts a long time :thumbsup:

Amy7707

I haven't tried any Britax seats, but we have a MyRide and I love it. It is really easy to install and DS is comfy in it. He's 25 months, 27ish lbs and about 36" tall. He can climb in and out of the seat himself, but sometimes his feet get hung up on the seatbelt (we have it installed in the middle where there isn't latch). I haven't installed it with latch because the seatbelt install is so easy.

Mags462

Both are good seats....

But i will be the lone dissenter and say the Britax. I personally don't like the MR install at all FF, so even though turning your LO is several years away, i always like to think long term and since i wouldn't want to buy another seat, nor use the MyRide FF, i would choose the Britax. :D I also find the Britax an easier install, not that the MyRide was hard, the Britax was just easier in my vehicle.

I would try both and get the one you like in your car with your LO!

Have fun car seat shopping!

M

malibu5880

I was also planning on checking these out at Target today, my husband and I both have very compact cars, does one or the other fit better in a very small car? Wish we could afford to get at least one bigger car but it's not in the cards right now. My Chevy Cobalt 2 door is slightly bigger, he drives a '93 Acura Integra hatchback and we already have trouble getting the infant seat in and out of his car.

errie6

Thanks for the feedback! I hope they still have them in stock at my store. I was thinking of purchasing both, but then saw the huge boxes they come in. I will also be installing in a Toyota Camry, so hopefully one of the two fit. The infant car seat I have is the Graco Snugfit 35 in Racer (the one that has the red like a race car). Like I said he's 9 months and about 30.5 inches and 23 pounds so will outgrow in height in 1.5 more inches. Any more feedback? I think I'm still confused! I did like the My Ride since it accomodates more growth, but I'm fearing him getting hot in it again. hahahha

Would a Britax marathon be any better? Old style or new style? I know it's a bit more expensive but offers more pounds than the Roundabout.

Last edited:

rxmommy

Thanks for the feedback! I hope they still have them in stock at my store. I was thinking of purchasing both, but then saw the huge boxes they come in. I will also be installing in a Toyota Camry, so hopefully one of the two fit. The infant car seat I have is the Graco Snugfit 35 in Rider (the one that has the red like a race car). Like I said he's 9 months and about 30.5 inches and 23 pounds so will outgrow in height in 1.5 more inches. Any more feedback? I think I'm still confused! I did like the My Ride since it accomodates more growth, but I'm fearing him getting hot in it again. hahahha

Would a Britax marathon be any better? Old style or new style? I know it's a bit more expensive but offers more pounds than the Roundabout.

The Marathon goes to a higher weight limit but the shells are the same size.

Holly

Thanks for the feedback! I hope they still have them in stock at my store. I was thinking of purchasing both, but then saw the huge boxes they come in. I will also be installing in a Toyota Camry, so hopefully one of the two fit. The infant car seat I have is the Graco Snugfit 35 in Rider (the one that has the red like a race car). Like I said he's 9 months and about 30.5 inches and 23 pounds so will outgrow in height in 1.5 more inches. Any more feedback? I think I'm still confused! I did like the My Ride since it accomodates more growth, but I'm fearing him getting hot in it again. hahahha

What year Camry do you have? I have a 2007 Camry and we had a roundabout 50 before we got a 3rd radian, and it fit great in any positions rear and forward facing. I have never tried a Myride, but I really like the looks of them, and I'm sure it would fit just beautifully in the Camry too.

errie6

Due to the higher weight limit, how long will children last in a convertible car seat? Is it worth going the extra weight limit? Which car seat type is after the convertible and at which point do you switch? Sorry for all the questions!

newyorkDOC

Is $100 a phenomenal price for a myride?

I mean, I am tossing around the idea of buying one but don't really have the need right now. DD has hit the height limit on her Avenue but we only use it max 4 weeks per year when we visit my parents in the US. So I may just ignore the 36" rule until our next trip (could be December, could be March/April/July next year!) and re-evaluate then. But should I jump on this deal now? Taking into consideration that the seat wouldn't be used for a few months, I'd be losing out on lifespan as well (and we will have a second kid at some point, plus my brother will use the seat when he visits my parents but they are not even PG yet).

T4K

I was able to get a rain check good until Oct 21. So if your store is out of stock (most likely will be by the end of the week), go to customer service and request a rain check. That way it will give you some time.

luckyclov

I bought the RA today. My almost 20-month old, 33" DS2 has about 3-3 1/2 inches of growing room (until 1" of shell is left) RF'ing. He's 26 lbs, so we've got about 8 lbs to go before I'd consider him at the RF (35 lbs) weight limit. Love it, but I'm a loyal Britax fan. And, no, I'm not stuck in a bubble.

We also tried the MR. Not only was *I* not a fan, but DS2 didn't appear to like it, either. It could very well have been a typical tantrum thrown at just the right time, but he just wasn't feelin' it. At all. And, like someone else mentioned, the MR as a FF seat is ridiculous in many vehicles.

Last edited:

Kel

My 16mo old has the MR 65 in the spiral cover. Love the way he fits and love the cup holders. Hes rearfacing in the 3rd row center of a windstars VERY narrow seat and both my big 10 and 12 yr olds can sit beside him. It sits up so high on the base they sit under the cupholders, lol.

BUT... during the heatwave this summer he sweat bad! I have ice cold rear air, his top half was cold, but he was sweaty on his back side. So, I bought a RN 80 SL on clearence. It has the sport mesh cover, and it's been great. Keeps him much cooler!

errie6

Great, thanks for the feedback everyone! Well, I ended up getting the Britax one since the MR seemed too plush (meaning too warm). I will try it out this weekend and see how he likes it. There's just way too many options in car seats. :) If this seat lasts a couple of years, I'm fine with it as long as he's happy. You can't beat $100 for it right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC