Worst parent I have ever seen

cdncasper

I was loading the girls into the van today at wal-mart when a lady pulls in beside me. I look over and couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were 2 children in the backseat not even buckled with seatbelts or anything and they were only maybe 5 and 2 yrs. The worst of it was their was a carseat installed (if I could call it installed). I got so mad at her that I yelled at her for being so stupid to have her children like that. Not only was it unsafe but illegal here too. She was like" He is 2 yrs old and climbs out, what am I suppose to do?" To which I replied Your the parent so you tell him what to do. I took down her license plate and I have been trying to call to report her but the line is always busy. How can someone have such disreagard for their children's safety?

ADS

ThreeBeans

:mad:

That's B.S.

Sorry, but it is. I am the proud owner of a two year old monkey, and guess what, he sits in his carseat.

If you can't manage to get a two year old to stay in a carseat you have BIG problems. BIG.

amyg530

1st - way to go to have the kahonas to actually yell at her
2nd - and i'm sure some of ya'll wont like this but sometimes you just need to spank your darn kid

3beans, i too have a wild child and while i cant always keep him from jumping on the bed you can bet you a$$ i can keep him in a carseat

amyg530

like i said, many of ya'll wont agree with me, i do think there is a difference b/t hitting and spanking but we'll just agree to disagree and not get into it:love:

LimePink

Senior Community Member
Disgusting..I just don't understand some people. I know not all are as educated in car seat safety- but that is just stupidity. Hopefully when you report them they send out information to the parent...or do something!!

easterbun

I had a 2 year old who could get out of any seat lickety-split (not just wiggle out - he could undo buckles and clips). As a result we pulled over a lot to "fix" that. I would never ever in a million years just let him be out of the seat because I couldn't be bothered to correct his behavior.. if we had to stop 8 times to go 3 miles so I could strap him back in each time, well we stopped 8 times. It's hard to reason with a 2 year old sometimes, but he did eventually catch on..

*HH*

I get so frustrated when I hear things like that :mad: Some parents are so irresponsible! Great that you said something!

And I agree with ThreeBeans, there is never a reason to hit a child.

Amaris

Mine were the same way at 2......but I convinced them that the car COULD NOT go if they weren't buckled. They know now that it actually can go, but it doesn't!!

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I was walking outside a WalMart on Sunday and saw a car pull up to the curb. There were little 3 kids in the back and one seat - two kids just jumping around and one that had to be younger than 2 sitting in a ff OHS but just laying ON it sleeping and not buckled in at all! :eek: I said something to dh like I couldn't believe how stupid people are. I mean, you have a seat and then you just don't even bother to pull the shield down and buckle it?! Sheesh....:confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC