Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Target's chest clip

Wow, check out the chest clip in today's Target ad for the Roundabout.
    Yikes!

Carseats are on my mind today I guess, lol. In church the message was if someone does something wrong (the evil doer) and you simply call them out, shame on you, and you're responsible then. But if you try to change their behavior and offer some good, then good for you AND good for them. And I'm totally thinking about how this morning I was trying to convince someone not to booster a 3-year-old.

I guess I ought to contact Target, because if I simply call them out, then that's bad! Shame on ME. And all injuries from this ad are my fault. Oh, but my husband says there is a clause in church where the sermons do not pertain to carseats. And I was craning my neck to see the chest clip placement on the kid in the Chaperone near us.
    Last edited by bnsnyde; 09-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Target's chest clip

DD Jan 2005
    RF to 3 1/2 years; Harnessed to 7 1/2 years; Now Boostered

Sorry DP
    DD Jan 2005
    RF to 3 1/2 years; Harnessed to 7 1/2 years; Now Boostered

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bnsnyde View Post
    I guess I ought to contact Target, because if I simply call them out, then that's bad! Shame on ME.
    Hah! I didn't see the ad, but my initial response to this is that Target isn't a person. Someone in marketing didn't know what they were doing. So telling them isn't like shaming a person, at all: it's responding to a company that we spend money at. You're not even going to talk to the person who set up or chose the photo, probably no one will talk to that person, and chances are that person wouldn't feel ashamed, since the model wasn't his or her kid and there was no scary driving of that child done. I think the lesson about shaming someone is a great one--and super important for us!-- but with companies in my mind it's different.
    Kathleen, CPST and mom to a pair of Cs.

CPS Fanatic

Yeah, I'm just half-way kidding. But I was thinking about carseats in church. No joke!

Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bnsnyde View Post
    Yeah, I'm just half-way kidding. But I was thinking about carseats in church. No joke!

I DREAM about car seats. I was buckling in the new Radian in my sleep. I need a hobby.

ETA: and hey, man, if you can't think about life and death in church, where can ya?
    Kathleen, CPST and mom to a pair of Cs.

Funny, I was just flipping through the Target ad and saw that lovely belly clip.

http://weeklyad.target.com/goodyear-az-85395/pages

Page 4.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Thank you for this post. I specifically searched to see how many others saw it. Cute bunny, cute kid, not cute advertising for the trade in event. At least the straps are snug though.

Quote Originally Posted by lyndanelson View Post
    Thank you for this post. I specifically searched to see how many others saw it. Cute bunny, cute kid, not cute advertising for the trade in event. At least the straps are snug though.
    This post was from 2011.