what to look out for in new FR85?

2wild

So it looks like I'll be getting a new FR85 to replace my FR, due to a fraying harness issue (mine frayed right near the black metal ring where it attaches on the underside of the shell). Just curious what the common (or uncommon) problems are and what I should keep my eye out for - I never even would have noticed that fraying if it hadn't been for a recent vomit incident (who would have ever thought I'd be grateful for vomit!).
Than you!

ADS

luckyclov

I haven't had any issues with any of my FR85s. I've had 4. I think Britax addressed many of the reported issues with the original FR.

I know there's a member here (hrice) who had some issues with the headrest not staying in place (in booster mode). And I know people have complained about "pilling" on the mesh covers.

2wild

that's great, thank you!
i'm not worried about pilling, and don't expect to use this in booster mode
so we should be good. i just saw somewhere else someone said they personally wouldn't bother with the SICT - any thoughts on that?
thanks again!

luckyclov

i just saw somewhere else someone said they personally wouldn't bother with the SICT - any thoughts on that?
Personally, the SICT just isn't a feature I think I need. My vehicle is equipped with side curtain airbags, covering all 3 rows, and the seat is installed in an outboard captain's chair in a minivan, so there's no vehicle occupants on the direct sides of the seat that may benefit. I also have a top tether anchor for the seat (TTA use is required after 65 lbs in the 85, but not required at any weight in the SICT).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC