BRU people drive me crazy

amy919

So every couple of weeks, I need a break from work and since the store is only 10 minutes away, I go visit the car seat section and visit the Regent (something only you guys would understand) on my lunch hour.

So today, there are actually TWO people working in the car seat section! Very unusual. You can almost never find anyone to help you with car seats in that store. I'm a little excited about this. So I'm looking at the Regent and they both come over and ask if I need help. I said I was just looking at it and asked if they've sold many. Are you ready for the answer I get - are you really ready for this - get ready - this is insane - "No, we usually steer people away from that seat. It's way too big to fit in most cars unless you drive like a Suburban or something like that and it's just not worth the money. It's the most expensive booster seat we have and there are a lot of other ones that are just as good, like this one (as she points to the TB).". I tell her that that is DOES fit in LOTS of cars, including small ones and it's NOT just a booster. I said "look at it. Does is even LOOK like the other boosters? You should be pushing this seat. It keeps kids harnessed to 80 pounds". So the other moron says "well, it's still just a fancy booster. When your kid is like 4, it doesn't really matter if they use the double straps (nice, terminology, huh?) or the seatbelt.". I argued that it absolutely does matter and that the harness is much safer. I said that the Regent is also especially great for younger kids who are on the bigger side and really need to be harnessed longer. Moron #2 tells me that age doesn't matter. It's all about size of the child. So the girl moron must have actually been thinking and finally realized that it does not in fact look like the other boosters. She says so, but then says "but I guess it really is just a booster or they would have put in the aisle over there, not back here with the booster seats".

I had to walk away at that point. Here this great seat is FINALLY available in a store and the stupid sales people are telling people NOT to buy it. Maybe if they paid them a commission, they'd push the Britax seats over the Graco's (and I only say Britax specifically because they don't carry anything else like Recaro's, Radian's etc.)

Amy

ADS

supercrunch

You should write a letter to the store manager. I used to work at a BRU and that always got everyones attention and usually a store meeting was called ;)

amyg530

see i would have a hard time ont punching them:mad:

i think i'm happy now that we dont have a BRU here now after reading all the things ya'll write about what morons ususally work there. BRU is the place most people think when they think baby stuff and so you would think that they would train their people better, and besides wouldnt you want to sell more of the more expensive seats anyway?

Please PLEASE call the store manager & tell them. I too used work for BRU & I had an issue w/ a saesmen giving people false recall info to avoid losing an in store sale because of seat suggestions I had given (no, I wasn't working there at the time). I called the store & spoke w/ a manager & she agreed & said she'd call a meeting.

The problem is that these people get no seat training what so ever. They could at least be taught the basics as to avoid a brand preferance, but I mean seriously, train them!!!!

lisa02.gif
RF in a Cosco Scenerea & a FPSVD

amy919

I did call. Of course, the manager is out of the store right now. This is at least the 4th or 5th time I've called and complained about this store (only 3 of them have been car seat related:)). Of course, the manager will never call me back and will always be out.

I also called corporate and they're not much better. We're sorry you had such a bad experience, yada yada yada. I have called corporate every single time because the manager is seriously NEVER in the store, or so they say. This afternoon, corporate said they would be sure to speak to the manager on my behalf. They also asked for the names of the people I spoke to. I have no idea what their names were! They weren't wearing name tags. Corporate said they should have been. I said there's another issue you've got. So they tell me that unfortunately, without knowing who I spoke to, there's not much they can do, but they will inform the store manager and have him address it.

It's seriously not worth my time. I only go there to visit and because I feel so bad for the parents who don't know any better and actually listen to these morons. I've intervened more times than I can tell you and usually people are very grateful and receptive. BRU should be paying me!

I refuse to buy anything there. I'll visit the store to play with the seats, but I won't buy anything there. I'll pay more and deal with shipping before I give them my money. And it irks me to no end that they sell the MA for $269 and the RA for $219 still! And the DOM on the MAs there were from September 2006!

Amy

Loves2sing

see i would have a hard time ont punching them:mad:

i think i'm happy now that we dont have a BRU here now after reading all the things ya'll write about what morons ususally work there. BRU is the place most people think when they think baby stuff and so you would think that they would train their people better, and besides wouldnt you want to sell more of the more expensive seats anyway?

Why? An Ao is all you need anyway. :rolleyes: (please catch the sarcasm dripping from my voice!)

amyg530

the thing with that is i get cosco or whoever sells the AO saying that b/c it would get you to buy their seat but if you work in retail then your job is to sell as much junk as you can, so if you could get someone to buy a SS1 and then come back and buy a MA and them come back in and buy a regent then they've spent over $600 on seats instead of one $130 (or whatever it cost) seat that actually isnt gonna last anyway

cheerbop

OH! I have a good one. We were visiting another BRU store in another state this past week and bought the new Graco Airbooster for our almost 10yo DS who just doesn't fit in the van properly yet. While checking it out (LOVE LOVE IT by the way!) I heard a BRU worker (moron #3:rolleyes: )
speaking with a couple about seats/boosters. The couple stated that they wanted their 3.5 yo DD to stay in a 5 pt harness as long as possible and wondered what they should be looking at. They checked out the Regent as well as some other boosters and a few other seats including the MA.

The worker did not ask for height weight etc. They asked why the Britax seats were so expensive and she said it is only because they are European.:mad: THEN...she stated that she also has a 3.5 yo DD and because she is tall and already weighs 35lbs, they just put her in the normal seat belt---no seat!!!!!!!! :eek: WHAT!?

I just waited (and fumed) till she left and approached the couple giving my humble :whistle: advice and agreed with them about the 5 pt harness still being used. I told them I have a 3 yo DS that is in a MA that I love and why (I also have a 6 month old that will use the MA later). I also helped them look at the Regent....which I would also love to have:whistle:

I had to hurry out of the store after that but noticed them really checking out the Regent and MA after I left, so I am hoping they purchased one of those, esp since they stated they wanted to keep her in a 5 pt as long as possible.

I told the manager as I left (quickly) that they need to have educated workers in those important safety aisles. Alot of people are just ignorant and or just do not know and don't do their research (me included at first with my firstborn:eek: ) and rely on these workers to KNOW of what they speak!!

BRU needs to get a clue!

Loves2sing

But it is an easy sell. If you are the one retailer telling them to spend $600 on seats over the course of 4 years, and the Sears down the road is telling the uneducated parent to buy a $130 AO, where do you think the parent is going to buy? Now if you are educated and can tell the uneducated parents WHY they should spend $600 on their seats, then you might get the sale. It all comes down to lack of training. My friend and I often step in at stores to give the customer correct information over the crap that the sales people are spouting out. There is a tech on this site who works at a BRU, and is constantly helping people correctly! Thank God someone is!

Loves2sing

A written and mailed letter would probably make even more of an impact than an email. It shows them that you were disturbed enough that you took the time to write out your thoughts and pay for a stamp to mail them.

mommy2env

:mad: I say, call the store and complain. Imagine if a person goes in the store for guidance and trusts the employee's are trained in the area. I would raise hell... but thats just the way I am.lol

Last edited:
To the OP, sorry, I forgot your name. Maybe it's worth it to email the store & coperate & include a link to this post. This way they can see there is a huge problem & see how much money & customers they are losing.

lisa02.gif

amy919

I think I will write a letter and an e-mail and include a link here. Maybe they'll listen. It's worth a shot.

Amy

vonfirmath

Ugh. What's wrong with the Alpha Omega? I know I keep hearing it bandied around here as if it is bad. But a friend of mine I just saw her registry and that's the only seat on her registry and now I wonder if there's a problem?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC