Help me decide what to do with my BRU trade in

agave

I have a frontier 85, Radian XTSL and a Roundabout 50. The girls are currently riding in the Radian and Roundabout 99% of the time. We have 2 outgrown Roundabout 40s my 3 yr old just had a growth spurt and out grew them FF and I think my 21 month old is probably out grown RF. So we need new spares.

I drive a 2006 Scion xB

DH has a 1997 BMW 318? I think. It was originally purchased in Germany and later imported. I hate this car, I hit my head every time I get in it, the seatbelts don't lock, no headrests and no tethers, it's tiny and the seats slide all over the leather.

The 1993 Convertible Mustang is a toy that DH will never get rid of. Tiny back seat, more leather, no headrests or tethers, and the seatbelts don't lock.

1994 Chevy single cab pickup. Mostly a farm truck but both kids have had the occasional ride to the hardware store in it. It's been pretty carseat friendly so far.

My MIL wants one seat to live in her car so when we visit and she wants to take the 3 yr old somewhere she can take her car. So far DH has always gone on these trips, I don't quite trust her to remember how to buckle her in she needs something idiot proof. She lives almost 200 miles away so this isn't something that would be used often.

My parents would like to have seats for the girls too, they occasionally babysit and right now they are pretty much stuck at home when the girls are there. The seats would live in a 2001 conversion van, very roomy and carseat friendly but has no tethers. The Frontier 85 is going to live in the van until my 3 yr old goes FF full time because DH doesn't want a pink seat in his car. :rolleyes:

I have 2 crashed MyRides to trade in. I'm taking them even if I don't buy anything but since our spares are outgrown we need to at least get something. We are considering a RSTV which I think will work pretty much everywhere but the mustang, the head support is going to run out way too quick.

Throw your ideas at me. :D

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC