Kia Soul

erind

I am having to buy a new car. We are really liking this one, but I was wondering if anyone had tried 3 across in the back. I would only need it rarely. I have a Marathon 70 RF (may be FF soon though) a RN that would be FF, and a Maestro. There is also times that there would be the MA70, RN and a highback booster of some sort. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!
Erin

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

never test drove one but I did look at one. the inside is really small, I don't think you would get 3 across (my friend's xterra can't even get 3 across with a backless booster) and the trunk space is teeny. toyota (scion) makes a comparable one with a bit more trunk space, not sure about 3 across though. after comparing the options we ended up with a 2006 chevrolet equinox ls and have been really happy with it. it fits three across easily :thumbsup:

otto

We've had one for almost 2 years now and are still happy with it. I've only done 3 across once in it, but one of the reasons we specifically bought it was due to the wider back seat width than most similar cars. The doors also open wider than some, which makes access a little easier.

Link to the 3 across:

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1637899&postcount=8

We've also had 2 adult passengers in the back with the carseat, not infrequently, and never had a problem.

And just because I was curious, I had to look up the specs on the XTerra. The Soul's rear hip room is 6.5" wider! And supposedly 1.5" wider than the Equinox.

It's going to depend on the driver/passenger heights as to how well RF seats will do. We had an XTSL in the center RF for 2 years, and my 6'1" husband could put the seat all the way back, but it was a tight squeeze. He ended up putting a hole in the side of the front seat where it would hit the edge of the Radian every time he slammed the driver's seat back. :mad: You would definitely need to try the RF Marathon behind the driver's seat and see if you can both still comfortably drive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC