Could have knocked DH in the head...

Mom2nj

This weekend we went up north to the family cottage on a lake. I had to go somewhere with my Mom, so I sent DH down to the lake with the kids. After 7 hours in the sun, sand and water it's time to head back up for dinner and a good scrubbing in the tub... I am putting DD in the car and she says Daddy said all I need to buckle is the one on my chest because we are going on a short dirt road... Now this is a one lane "road" down to the lake surrounded by trees and very bumppy with soft sand in spots, and very curvy, you can't see around the corners. You have 3+ cars going up and down at varius times, plus quads from my nephews, niece, BIL, Dad and Brother so 6 ATV's. I am listening to her going, ummmm NO we buckle all buckles in our seats. Then on the way up, I politely tell DH you need to buckle them into their seats, cuz if you go around a corner and someone else is coming you could hit them, or slam on your brakes and they would go flying out of their seats. Not to mention you could slip off the road and hit a tree :eek:

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Oh . . . I don't even know what to say :eek:

Our rule is we always have our seatbelts on in the car. No if's and's or but's.

skaterbabs

Dad needs to know exactly what a chest clip is designed to do: break in a crash. It's not to restrain the child, but to position the harness in the correct place before a crash.

Loves2sing

I think I would be planning Dh's funeral right now if that were us. But he knows better, as we have had a similar situation when Jenna was about 6 weeks old. Let's just say, that WWIII has already happened. I was FURIOUS at him!

Suzibeck

UGH!

Good for you for staying nice about it with dh, you catch more flies with honey works well here I think. Hopefully, he has learned his lesson and will think more clearly next time.

amyg530

at least your daughter told you so you knew, my hubby isnt even allowed to put DS in the carseat, not that he doesnt know how but even when he does i come back behind and tighten it, no matter how tight he did it to begin with, i guess when its gets time for the baby to come i should make sure he knows how though since i wont be able to buckle him in when i'm still in the hospital

Loves2sing

at least your daughter told you so you knew, my hubby isnt even allowed to put DS in the carseat, not that he doesnt know how but even when he does i come back behind and tighten it, no matter how tight he did it to begin with, i guess when its gets time for the baby to come i should make sure he knows how though since i wont be able to buckle him in when i'm still in the hospital

Dh hates it when I tighten dd after he has put her in, cause he thinks it was tight enough. But I don't care, I do it anyway. I just wish I could get him to leave the straps alone, and just buckle her in. That way the straps would always be as tight as I had them before.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Heads would roll... luckily Dh never argues with me and totally gets why we do what we do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC