Look What I Found....

Keeks64

I was driving by a local thrift store yesterday and noticed these beauties sitting outisde for sale :eek:

I stopped and scoped them out a little bit , before a man came outside going on about the 20lb limit on the bucket seat , I informed him I wasnt interested in the weight limit more the expiry - he assured me neither were expired :rolleyes:

I begged to differ and he sent me into the store to talk to the manager....as soon as I said the word expired he got all nervous and went on and on about how he would toss them cause his store doesnt sell expired carseats , he knows hes not allowed lol....I think he thought I was going to fine him or something it was weird :confused:

I finally got through to him and asked if I could have both for $5 ( to be nice , just to get them out of the store) and he agreed so long as I dont use them - well DUH :rolleyes: and made sure to inform me if I told anyone I got them from there he would deny it :rolleyes:....Oh and not that it matters but he was asking $20 for the bucket & $15 for the sheild lol

The bucket is a Snugride , DOM 01/2004 , 3 point harness but in overall okay conditon actually just dirty and the strap through the centre buckle is all twisted but I dont think I would expect anything being its a 3 point lol

The sheild is a Cosco Explorer , I couldnt find a DOM as the stickers were all peeled and worn , but I did find a stamp on the bottom of 95" so im assuming thats the expiry or the DOM?

I have to admit I was pretty excited to find these , I never get super old seats when I scour thrift stores , usually just dirty buckets close to expiry lol

Last edited:
ADS

nevaehsmommy

I think I would be happy if I saw a baby in the bucket compared to some I see kiddos in around here. There is a lady at church that has a white plastic old evenflo with foam handle. I know it has to be old as it is the bright primary colors and this was a surprise baby. Her next youngest is 15. She has agreed to use my myride. But only bc it is a cute print.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I have a friend whose child was riding in that exact same shield booster until a few months ago. I told her a year ago that it was old and unsafe, but she didn't feel like she had enough money to replace it. I finally bought her a Harmony backless booster and traded it to her. She told me she'd looked at the Harmony at Walmart but couldn't believe that a $13.50 LBB could possibly be any good and she kept meaning to ask me about it. :doh:

I'm pretty sure it was manufactured in '95. They didn't put expirations on car seats back then, I don't think.

Oh, and the seat only goes up to 40 lbs (not that anybody would be able to tell that because every one I've ever seen has had the stickers worn off) and my friend's daughter is well over 40 lbs. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC