harness question, yep about to cry

Katy

UGGG DS cut mini slits in his FR85 SICT harness. How much will it cost to replace and how fast will it get here? Temparily can I use regent straps or is that a no go? Also I loaned out my radian to a friend for an emergancy and when I picked it up it was soaked in pee, not sure how long it was like that but she was only going to use it for one day about 3 days ago. She said her daughter leaked her diaper and spilled a cup of water. I'm assuming the crotch strap needs to be replaced? How much and how fast on this one too? These are DS only 2 seats that he fits in that works for 3 across. I tried a harmony backless and he hated it.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Frontier 85 SICT works in a three across? Wow.

The harness usually costs about $25 including shipping, and it takes several days, maybe a week to arrive. Can you use it in booster mode until then?

I don't know how much the Radian harness costs.

Wendy

vangelder03

The harness usually costs about $25 including shipping, and it takes several days, maybe a week to arrive. Can you use it in booster mode until then?

Wendy

can the radian harness be replaced?

jess71903

Ambassador
I would not replace a crotch strap because it was peed on. Wipe it down and it will be fine.

In a pinch, I would use the Regent straps in the Frontier, because they do have the same weight limit, but I would only do that as a last resort.

christineka

can the radian harness be replaced?

Depends which model it is. Sept 2008 and newer have removable harnesses. The crotch strap can be replaced on all models. You might take the opportunity and order the longer one. I certainly wouldn't ever lend anything to that friend again. She obviously does not value other people's property.

As for replacing due to pee, it's your call. I've washed our crotch straps and keep on using them, but if it was pee from outside of my family, I might feel differently.

In a pinch, I'd use the nasty radian, but as little as possible and clean asap.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Regent goes to 80 pounds the Frontier to 85. I don't know if they're the same harness or not.

Wendy

christineka

The Regent goes to 80 pounds the Frontier to 85. I don't know if they're the same harness or not.

I know that the regent harness is the same as the husky's, but the frontier harness is sold separately from the other, so I'd assume it is different. Not sure about the frontier harness, but I paid $50 shipped for a regent harness from britax. (Oh, it wasn't just the harness. I had to get the crotch strap and the pull strap too.)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
In a pinch, I would use the Regent straps in the Frontier, because they do have the same weight limit, but I would only do that as a last resort.

For a 7yo, I would absolutely use the Frontier as a booster rather than use unapproved substitute straps.

bella_1818

DS got some replacement parts for his frontier and they arrived in 2 days. Shipped from NC and we're in GA.

Katy

Wendy

It puzzels nicely with a RF RN and the sict part goes right over the top of my door arm rests. :)

Katy

Depends which model it is. Sept 2008 and newer have removable harnesses. The crotch strap can be replaced on all models. You might take the opportunity and order the longer one. I certainly wouldn't ever lend anything to that friend again. She obviously does not value other people's property.

As for replacing due to pee, it's your call. I've washed our crotch straps and keep on using them, but if it was pee from outside of my family, I might feel differently.

In a pinch, I'd use the nasty radian, but as little as possible and clean asap.

I couldn't believe it myself, she takes good care of her seats. She is practically family. What I'm worried about is how much pee and water was just sitting there and for how long. I'm worried the crothch buckle was damaged. I though you are not supposed to soak them? Isn't pee like amoinia? It was a CD'd baby and I'm guessing the reasion why the diaper leaked is because it needed to be stripped or something. Seat smellls very funky. The seat was still wet after sitting for 2 days, either that or she used to longer than she said.

Katy

thankyou all. When I get paid on tue I'm going to buy the new parts from two lovely members here. For nowvI'm going to try to put DS in DD radian and put her and DS2 in the CA's. If I do RF FF RF it should work. I just wont have DH or grandma transport them.

Is the SICT harness the same as the reg 85, just double checking before I buy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC