'06 Sedona or '05 Sienna

Cottonpull

2006 Sedona, 89k mi
or
2005 Sienna, 140k mi and no side curtain airbags

We have two LO's and plan on having at least one more. We want this vehicle to last us awhile, and safety and reliability are our number one concerns. Safety alone, the Sedona wins, but what about reliability?

What would you buy?

Thanks

ADS

Brianna

Everything else aside, I personally wouldn't buy a vehicle with over 140,000 miles unless I had access to cheap parts and could do repairs myself.

Mags462

Honestly it's a toss up - what are the prices?

I have a 2005 Sienna and :love: it - but i assume both vans should last you about 4 years with zero major issues. Not saying they WILL have issues after that but when the Toyota hits 200K and the Kia hits 150K things will start to go awry i would assume. Soooo considering the average US drivers puts 15K miles per year on their vehicle then both vans would reach those mile stones in the same 4 years. :D

What trim levels are we talking? I found the Toyota to have much nicer finishes in general.

Overall i would say the Toyota. It's a known product and has a better retained value. But i guess if you plan to drive it in to the ground that doesn't really matter. But i liked the way the Sienna drives as compared to the Kia so all things being equal i choose Sienna. :)

Cottonpull

The Sedona is an LX and is $9400 (I would offer less). The Sienna is an 8 passenger CE and is $8350. It was used as a company car a driven on the freeway a lot. I like the look of the Sienna better, but it has higher mileage and no side curtain airbags. Ideally, we would like to spend around $8000 on a car so all of the vehicles in our price range have high mileage.

Mags462

Well Edmunds.com lists the respective specs/options head to head so you can compare that way. Plus it has reviews from their "experts" and "consumers"..... so you can maybe get a feel that way.

2006 Kia Sedona

2005 Toyota Sienna CE

It appears that the LX is the base trime level like the CE is on the Sienna... so apples to apples probably in terms of options.

I would still go for the Sienna but get them down a lot.... looking at pricing for my area at least 8K for that van is way too high. I would try to get them down around between 6 and 7 :D

Chely7425

We have a 2005 Sienne LE (so the next model up from the CE) and it is really nice for a van (I'm not a van person)... we paid 8700 for it with 97K miles. I don't know how I would feel about buying a vehicle with 140K miles, I would probably go with the Sedona in your shoes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC