Why isn't the Lamaze Via (i470) more talked about/recommended?

rae1026

Is it because it's relatively new? I know an eariler version existed, but are there differences (shell height, lowest/highest harness height, base, etc.)?

I'm in the process of narrowing down my choices for an infant seat for DC #3 (due in November), and I assumed that this seat would be among my top choices. But I haven't heard a lot about it or seen reports of a lot of people buying them, so I wondered if I'm missing something.

Currently, I'm looking for a seat that's east to install and will last a decent amount of time. My first two kids started big and grew quickly, outgrowing their infant seats at 3 months. I'm hoping to find something that lasts a little longer this time around.

DH and I have narrowed it down to the Onboard 35 Air, Graco Snugride 35, and the Keyfit 30 (the Keyfit is DH's pick, not mine, since he thinks it may have a better chance of fitting in the back seat of our '08 Pilot). Is there any reason I should not add the Lamaze Via to this list?

Front the little info I've seen so far, it seems like it would be easy to install. Also, I remember two different threads where moms put their kids in one and it looked like it would last at least as long as the Snugride 35, if not longer. Is the problem that it won't fit small babies/newborns well? Does anyone have any Via (new style) newborn pics? My kids were 8lbs 8oz and 9lbs 1oz at birth, so I don't *think* I'll be bringing home a tiny baby, but you never know, right?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's not compatible with a lot of strollers... not that that's the biggest issue one needs to consider, but it's kind of the deciding factor for a lot of folks, in my experience. I like it, though :love:

Aurezalia

It's not compatible with a lot of strollers... not that that's the biggest issue one needs to consider, but it's kind of the deciding factor for a lot of folks, in my experience. I like it, though :love:

:yeahthatlove: Exactly what Jools said. I REALLY like it, but most people pick seats on the basis of whether they're compatible with strollers. :shrug-shoulders:

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I'm wavering on whether or not I want the via because I haven't been able to find the base separately yet and I will need 3 extras.

rae1026

The stroller thing never occurred to me! :eek: For the stroller we're buying, the only seats from my list that are compatible are the Snugride and the Keyfit, but I wasn't planning to use the infant seat with the stoller anyway. The stoller has a flat recline, so we'll just put the baby in the stroller seat.

I didn't realize the base was not available separately. I don't *think* I need an extra base, but it would be nice to know I could buy one if I needed to. Hmm. I really love so much about the seat, and it installed really well in my car, but I'm just not sure if it's worth buying over the other tried and true seats on my list, KWIM? Thanks for the input!

kaleigh71

If I were going to buy a seat for #4, the Via would be near the top of my list. I'm stuck with a seat I don't really want, lol.

sunnymw

If it had been released on time, it would have been my top pick.

Typed with fat fingers on a tiny touchscreen keyboard, please excuse typos and autocorrects...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC