would an old Blvd or a TF last to booster age?

Eresh

DS1 is currently 3y7m, 40" and 34lbs with an average torso length for his height. He's riding FF in a CA 50 and a Maestro but in a year or so I'm going to need the CA to ERF DS2. DS2 is currently in an old style BLVD and a TF so I could give DS1 one of those. But if there's no hope of going straight to a HBB from one of those, I'm just going to get a Frontier85 (or maybe the new Diono combo seat?) sooner. The TF expires when DS will be 6 1/2 and the Blvd expires in 2016 sometime.

I know his CA has a high harness height but I seem to recall both of the others are shorter. Is that correct? And how short (or not) are they?

Thanks in advance!

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The True Fit has a very high harness height for a convertible. The top slots are 17.5" and that will get many kids to booster maturity. My DNe is 5 and tall for her age and still fits in the True Fit.

rxmommy

I have both of those seats, but I don't know how much help I will be!

I bought the BLVD for my oldest and she outgrew the harness long before I was comfortable boostering her - I think around a year before?? Unfortunately I don't remember her exact age. She is tall though, always 75%tile. At 7 she has just outgrown the GN harness. I want to say she outgrew the BV around 4.5? I could be wrong, that seems awfully early.

DD2 still has growing room in the BV and is going to a booster from it soon. I would imagine she would easily make it to 6 or 6.5. She is fairly short - right now she's about 44" I think. Mostly legs as she wears size 6 pants. I'm glad she still fits in a couple of harnessed seats for long rides, but provided she shows me she can sit properly in it all the time, she is graduating to a booster soon.

I am hoping the TFP takes Sophie to booster age, but she's obviously still RFing. She's also pretty short. I bet Evelyn would fit in that seat, too.

Eresh

I hadn't realized the TF harness went do high. It's in dh's car right now so I never see it :)

To be honest, I've been drooling over a frontier85 in cowmoo so maybe I'm trying to convince myself we'll really need it and with a 9 yr expiration I might as well get it now.

Anybody know how it would puzzle with a RF old style Blvd? I'm also thinking of how much I'd prefer putting DS1 in the middle but the CA doesn't quite fit against the blvd. Though I could get a tiny bit more room if I did a seatbelt install instead of latch on the blvd. It's just so stinkin easy to latch install the blvd :). I have a 2001 Volvo v70 btw.

krasota

What year is the old style Blvd--2010? My son's is a 2007 and he will almost certainly fit it until 2013, when it expires. He's rather small. I don't know if he'll be mature enough to be boostered at 6yo. He might be just fine, maybe not. I'd rather just wait and use the Blvd until we need something else. There may be better seats on the market then, after all.

A friend of DS (they're both 4y4m) is about to outgrow our Blvd by torso height. She's got a really long torso and isn't ready for a booster. I'll need to pick up a combination seat for her soon.

April

Not sure about the blvd, but two of my kids would've made it to almost 6yo in the TF.
Posted via Mobile Device

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Truefit most likely yes. BV maybe.

Our kids outgrew the bv at 3y, but they have very long torsos. They would have lasted longer in a truefit.

Kaede's_Mom

My DD is almost 5 and has a very long torso. She still fits in the TF with about an inch of harness height to go. So yes it is possible to get to 5 or 6 in the TF, as long as the kiddo isn't extremely tall. She outgrew her MA this year.

aeormsby

My DD outgrew our Marathon right around 5.5yo and moved into a booster (less used vehicle). Not sure on her overall height (average to short) but she has a longish torso and was around 40-42lb. It also really depends on how upright you can get it installed, I know my DS has an inch more room on the MA in our truck than he does in our Saturn.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC