Should I buy it or shouldn't I?

momofmany

I sort of landed on getting a combi shuttle 33 for the new LO due in Oct - I really like the violet cover which is a selling point, but couldn't find anyone selling it online.

Went to a local designer baby store today and they have the seat, in violet, with the matching stroller, marked down to $199 because it's a floor model (first question - should I even consider a floor model)

DOM is Oct 2009! So it's 2 years old already. Not liking that at all, but realistically, I'll probably use the seat for a year or less, and won't likely use it again since I'm getting pretty old for having babies (this is #9 and I'll be 45 when she's born). So I was planning to sell it off after we're done with it.

I put it on hold and plan to call the manager tomorrow to see if he'll come down even more on the price (they had it originally at $299 for the set).

They also had the car-seat only for $99.

ADS

Phineasmama

It being a floor model wouldn't bother me at all! I would buy it if you're not planning on having more kids...or you'll be done before the car seat expires lol!

I bought a brand new Aton knowing we won't have more kids but I figured I could sell it here after I'm done with it :)

CrazyBoysMamma

See, depending on the store I would consider it. Target or Wally World, heck no. And def not one of the "for display only" ones, duh. But I have bought a floor model seat from a small boutique-y store that has a CPST sitting in the carseat area...:duck:

momofmany

Dh talked me out of it - surprisingly.
Being it's already almost 2 years old and has possibly been a floor model for much of that time, suffering who knows what kind of handling, he said not to take the chance. (REALLY this surprises me as he's only somewhat involved in the safety seat issues.)

I called combi to verify that the violet color is, indeed, discontinued (it is). That's why I'm having trouble finding it. But the CS rep was REALLY helpful and mentioned that they do sell replacement parts, and IF I wanted to buy the seat in another color he would cut me a really good deal on a whole set of the violet - gave me his name and direct line to be able to call him back. (with my luck, he's quitting this week or something, lol!)

I was going to ask if these seem like extreme measures to get the seat I want in a color I want, but then I remembered which board I'm on. Anyplace else would say yes but here, maybe not so much. :D

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Totally buy a new one and take Combi up on their good deal on the Violet cover set! Then you've got the seat that came with the seat as a spare in case of puke or a poop blowout. :thumbsup: When you'd done with the seat, you can sell the seat and also sell the extra cover set separately or with the seat if you want.

Jocey'sMommy

Totally buy a new one and take Combi up on their good deal on the Violet cover set! Then you've got the seat that came with the seat as a spare in case of puke or a poop blowout. :thumbsup: When you'd done with the seat, you can sell the seat and also sell the extra cover set separately or with the seat if you want.

:yeahthatlove: I buy extra covers for my seats anyway because of blow-outs and other body fluids etc. :p and seat covers hold their value really well too so if you get a really good deal on it from him you might be able to get all your money back from it if its still in really good condition when you are done!!!

momofmany

Yeah, when he said he'd make a good package deal, I was kinda... this sounds like a no-brainer to me!

So, anyone know a really hot smokin' deal on a shuttle? Best I see so far is the 25% off at BRU.

Phineasmama

Heck yeah that sounds like a great idea! Always good to have an extra cover...I think I have an extra one for most of mine, except the Aton.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC