Favorite backless booster?

Baylor

I had the lite rider and gave it to my mom to carry in her car in case of an emergency and she has to pick DS1 up from school.. I want a backless for the car for school. It is so much easier for him to buckle in and I think he likes that the other kids can not see it.. He is 7 and it is completely appropriate for him now. Amazing how much he has grown and adjusted to boostering.. almost makes me sad.... :(

So what are your favorite ones and why?

My buckle is on a strap and not a hard stalk if it matters..

ADS

NVMBR02

I really like the Evenflo AMP since it positions the belt really on dd1 in every car I have tried. It actually works well for DS too, though he is too young for me to consider using a backless booster for an actual car ride.

I like the lite rider too, that might be my second favorite.

Other than that we haven't tried a lot of other backless booster, just the turbo booster and the Parkway SG/SGL without the back on.

skipspin

I have to agree that the Turbo is not my favorite backless- I think it's just harder to buckle than most others.

DD likes her Cosco Hi Rise just fine, and they are pretty cheap. I'd probably look at the Harmony boosters if I needed to buy one today- and the AMP. I almost bought one of those last year, but ended up getting three other backless boosters "free" and didn't need 4. LOL.

hrice

I love the Monterey as a backless (it's the Santa Fe). It has great support for my leggy 9 yr old. It was a bit of a pain in my 3 across though. I used to have a Clek Olli and really liked it but it wasn't quite deep enough for us.

The Literider is an awesome booster and really my go to for extras. It's cheap and fits kids of different sizes really well, is cheap and super portable. That is convenient becaus eI often have ODS' friends with us. I've been wanting to try the Cruz because it is deeper.

Kat_Momof3

I like the cosco highrise/auto booster (the cheap cosco backless)

it's super light weight, it is super low profile (aka... most height room you can get in a backless), and it flares out making it a good fit for slender and wide alike.

Oh... and the cupholder is GREAT... holds a bottle of water just fantastically.

Baylor

I love the Monterey as a backless (it's the Santa Fe). It has great support for my leggy 9 yr old. It was a bit of a pain in my 3 across though. I used to have a Clek Olli and really liked it but it wasn't quite deep enough for us.

The Literider is an awesome booster and really my go to for extras. It's cheap and fits kids of different sizes really well, is cheap and super portable. That is convenient becaus eI often have ODS' friends with us. I've been wanting to try the Cruz because it is deeper.

Thanks! Um by the way;... you are Gorgeous!!!

I think I feel like I missed out on all the great seats for my guys, My only choice now is to play with boosters for DS1.. lol.

If it helps, the Probooster has an awesome fit for him and he has nice leg support. I would like it to be deep for him.

hrice

Thanks! Um by the way;... you are Gorgeous!!!

Aw. You made my day! Thank you!

And boosters are fun too! Get a Paul Frank Clek!

I had the multiple choice here:
b2fa7b56.jpg

arly1983

I can tell you which ones I don't like....

-clek olli (too short in the legs and stuck out with a big gap when latched)
-backless turbo (hard to buckle)

The literider is pretty good all around. I want to try an Amp. The SantaFe was nice but wide.

Baylor

I found the Cosco Ambassador.. Is that the same?

Hey does the sante fe have latch? That may be an easier choice!

arly1983

I found the Cosco Ambassador.. Is that the same?

Hey does the sante fe have latch? That may be an easier choice!

Yep, Sante fe has latch.

I really liked it but it was too wide for the particular seating position I wanted it to go in. If I were using it any where else, it would have been awesome.

Baylor

Aw. You made my day! Thank you!

And boosters are fun too! Get a Paul Frank Clek!

I had the multiple choice here:
b2fa7b56.jpg

Okay.. He is too cute!!!! I love that seat.. What do they run now???

Yep. It's a Monterey without the back.

Yep, Sante fe has latch.

I really liked it but it was too wide for the particular seating position I wanted it to go in. If I were using it any where else, it would have been awesome.

He will be in the last bench seat alone so I don't have to worry about fitting him anywhere. He has the Probooster on the middle bench next to DS2 for anything other than neighborhood riding..

Now I assume with the clek and the Sante fe, They are order only.. no where to play with them.. I can not help it.. My dh is always pulling me away from the car seat aisle I HAVE to look.... lol

I need to make up for lost time.. I wish I had a child for a CCO. That is one yummy seat with all the colors!

arly1983

I have never seen either in a store but we live in the back woods. I always use Amazon or diapers.com with their free return shipping if I am not sure.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I have an Olli that I bought on swap and I like it, but I don't think it's 8x better than the Literider -- iow, I think it's awfully pricey for a backless booster.

AtTheSouthDam

Well, I never sat in the NBBs because my bum won't fit. DD2 thought the Monterey backless was better for long trips but her favorite by far is the AMP. She shows it off even to her non-booster riding friends. She fell in love with the purple recently.

For light and easy to move around the Harmony lite rider is my favorite. She likes it too but not as much as the AMP.

I wanted a clek so badly but I don't think we'll get much use out of it. I don't think she'll be in a NBB for as long as I'd like her to. She's out growing the seat back in the Honda and loves to point out the head rest is on it's last click in the van :crying:

ElfJewel

I like the literider for my big kids. They both have turbos as second seats but we haven't used them since we got extra literiders. The turbos just don't position the belt as well and if I'm sending them with someone (the only time they use nbbs) I want to know it fits. We had some cosco ones a few years ago and they were pretty narrow, my brother (9 last time I made him use it and super skinny) said it dug into his hips. He likes the turbo or literider.

kater-tot82

My favorite is the Literider, cheap, light, and fits in small spaces pretty well.

8yo DD's fav is the Amp. I like it too, and I think it will become DD's primary seat when she goes to a backless full-time which will probably be in the next 6-12mos.

creideamh

10 y/o cousin had her choice between the Olli and one of the new AMPs (dunno if there's a difference between new and old), and she chose the AMP. So now I have a useless Olli that I refuse to give up, just because it's cute. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC