Help me justify buying a new seat!

AgwasStars2

Hello again all! I'm a school bus driver (the big yellow ones!), and I am thinking of buying a new seat for my son to use while he is riding along with me. A few months ago, when I was hired as a substitute, I posted on here and got recommendations as to what the safest option would be for him on ANY bus, since I did not know whether I would be driving regular education or special needs...which led me to purchase the STAR plus.

As it turned out, I was put onto a special needs bus, which is equipped with seat belts and can accommodate a regular car seat. :eek: Teehee!

So now that I have my own (special needs) bus, and I wont have to worry about moving a seat from bus to bus, and/or whether it will be a bus with seatbelts or without, I was thinking that I would like to go ahead and install something that will be more comfortable for him, as he will be spending 5-6 hours a day in it, and he always fought falling asleep in the STAR.

I have a Britax Marathon the is about to expire in November, and Babies R Us is having their "trade in event", so I was thinking about trading in the MA for a Roundabout 55, which would be about $150 after the discount. I prefer the Britax brand because of the built in lock offs. I am able to get seats in with locking clips better than anyone else I know...(I really should be certified, lol)...but I still obviously prefer them built in!

The bus seats only have lap belts...

Thoughts please!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi! :happy-wavehello: Haven't seen you in a while! If you like the Britax seats, go for it. The Graco My Ride is another popular seat or even a bare-bones Scenera (or it's better padded onSide Air sibling).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If the bus seats only have lap belts, and you're only using the seat for that, I fail to see the point of a lockoff, since you don't use them or a locking clip! I'd probably go with whatever he's comfiest in. :)

AgwasStars2

I was looking at the myride, because I do like those as well, but it actually wasn't much cheaper than the RA, especially after the discount. So I bought the roundabout. :)

I had actually forgotten to say that I had my 5 year old sit in it in the store, and she still fit, although just barely. However, she will be six in a month! So I know we will get plenty of use out of it. :) and it's easy to move from one car to another.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC