Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

nissan commercial

I love the new Nissan quest commercials, but....

thye show what looks like an 8 month old baby forward facing!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQxeLZIF-E&feature=relmfu"]Nissan Quest Minivan Technology and Convenience - YouTube[/ame]

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar

Re: nissan commercial

They even had a disclaimer at the end of the commercial; part of it was that "infants less than one year and 20 lbs should be placed in a rear-facing car seat" (I'm paraphrasing). So I'm guessing it was more for aesthetic purposes than anything else--get the kid's reaction to the stinky dog or whatever (I watched it with the sound off).
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

they could have achieved the same captures without baby being unsafe ff... and she was definitely unsafe, no matter how old, as her straps were not routed correctly.

Also, that little boy was using the turbo elite on the lowest setting... he could have been easily harnessed (and should have been, so he couldn't turn around to look at his doggy)

Why not show baby rearfacing, watching the dvd player using a soft mirror??

Heck, make it a 3yr old rf in a tall seat and his/her 7yr old sibling in a booster discussing (even if you can't hear them) the movie they are able to both watch because Mommy put a safe mirror on there?

And kids can smell regardless of what direction... they took rear shots, they could have done it with baby.

SHAME on Nissan!

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
    they could have achieved the same captures without baby being unsafe ff... and she was definitely unsafe, no matter how old, as her straps were not routed correctly.

Also, that little boy was using the turbo elite on the lowest setting... he could have been easily harnessed (and should have been, so he couldn't turn around to look at his doggy)

Why not show baby rearfacing, watching the dvd player using a soft mirror??

Heck, make it a 3yr old rf in a tall seat and his/her 7yr old sibling in a booster discussing (even if you can't hear them) the movie they are able to both watch because Mommy put a safe mirror on there?

And kids can smell regardless of what direction... they took rear shots, they could have done it with baby.

SHAME on Nissan!

And not that anybody IRL actually reads the disclaimers- but it said infants up to about 1 year and 20 pounds should be rear facing.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

CPS Technician

Let's not forget that her straps are falling off the shoulders and where was the chest clip??? should have been able to see it for sure!!!!! This is right up there with TLC and all the crap they air with improper carseat use!!!
    DS1, 7, 55in, 56lbs, boostered Graco Nautilus
    DD1 6.5, 52in, 43lbs, harnessed Radian premiere
    DD2 4, 43lbs, FF Radian XT

I'm bored and have nothing better to do at the moment. So I wrote this to Nissan:
    I am writing to comment on your new Nissan Quest commercial with the dog in the back seat. Shame on you for modeling such poor safety practices in your commercial. The dog needs to be restrained in the back of the vehicle. The infant needs to be rear-facing and have the straps properly adjusted. And the toddler needs to be in a 5-point harness (or rear facing). Even your disclaimer at the end of the commercial wrongly suggests that only children "up to" one year of age and 20 lbs should be rear-facing. Do you have any idea how much energy those of us who volunteer in Child Passenger Safety put into public awareness to try and "get the word out" about proper use of child safety restraints? Commercials like these just make the job harder. You should discontinue airing this commercial and make a new one showing proper use. Next time, consult with Safe Kids USA to get some advice on child passenger safety best practices.

8. Thank You from:

That's... terrible. FF infant with loose below-the-shoulder straps, ughhh...

That's major misuse and NEEDS fixed, SHAME on Nissan!
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

Oh my goodness! This is terrible! What on earth were they thinking! Why even use a baby if "aesthetics" is the issue. Go with 2 big kids. I'm appalled.

CPS Fanatic
    Well if she was rf she couldn't see the dvd player

Quote Originally Posted by Brigala View Post
    I'm bored and have nothing better to do at the moment. So I wrote this to Nissan:
    Good Idea! That was a well worded, I'm guessing, email. I hope they really do fix it! Its horrible how much bad car seat use is in commercial these days. Even the Coccoro video on TRU website shows younger than 1 babies riding ff. Shame on all the companies not following proper restraining.