nissan commercial

chambom

I love the new Nissan quest commercials, but....

thye show what looks like an 8 month old baby forward facing!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQxeLZIF-E&feature=relmfu"]Nissan Quest Minivan Technology and Convenience - YouTube[/ame]

ADS

VoodooChile

They even had a disclaimer at the end of the commercial; part of it was that "infants less than one year and 20 lbs should be placed in a rear-facing car seat" (I'm paraphrasing). So I'm guessing it was more for aesthetic purposes than anything else--get the kid's reaction to the stinky dog or whatever (I watched it with the sound off).

Kat_Momof3

they could have achieved the same captures without baby being unsafe ff... and she was definitely unsafe, no matter how old, as her straps were not routed correctly.

Also, that little boy was using the turbo elite on the lowest setting... he could have been easily harnessed (and should have been, so he couldn't turn around to look at his doggy)

Why not show baby rearfacing, watching the dvd player using a soft mirror??

Heck, make it a 3yr old rf in a tall seat and his/her 7yr old sibling in a booster discussing (even if you can't hear them) the movie they are able to both watch because Mommy put a safe mirror on there?

And kids can smell regardless of what direction... they took rear shots, they could have done it with baby.

SHAME on Nissan!

Brianna

they could have achieved the same captures without baby being unsafe ff... and she was definitely unsafe, no matter how old, as her straps were not routed correctly.

Also, that little boy was using the turbo elite on the lowest setting... he could have been easily harnessed (and should have been, so he couldn't turn around to look at his doggy)

Why not show baby rearfacing, watching the dvd player using a soft mirror??

Heck, make it a 3yr old rf in a tall seat and his/her 7yr old sibling in a booster discussing (even if you can't hear them) the movie they are able to both watch because Mommy put a safe mirror on there?

And kids can smell regardless of what direction... they took rear shots, they could have done it with baby.

SHAME on Nissan!

:yeahthat:

And not that anybody IRL actually reads the disclaimers- but it said infants up to about 1 year and 20 pounds should be rear facing. :mad:

canadiancpst

CPS Technician
Let's not forget that her straps are falling off the shoulders and where was the chest clip??? should have been able to see it for sure!!!!! This is right up there with TLC and all the crap they air with improper carseat use!!!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'm bored and have nothing better to do at the moment. So I wrote this to Nissan:
I am writing to comment on your new Nissan Quest commercial with the dog in the back seat. Shame on you for modeling such poor safety practices in your commercial. The dog needs to be restrained in the back of the vehicle. The infant needs to be rear-facing and have the straps properly adjusted. And the toddler needs to be in a 5-point harness (or rear facing). Even your disclaimer at the end of the commercial wrongly suggests that only children "up to" one year of age and 20 lbs should be rear-facing. Do you have any idea how much energy those of us who volunteer in Child Passenger Safety put into public awareness to try and "get the word out" about proper use of child safety restraints? Commercials like these just make the job harder. You should discontinue airing this commercial and make a new one showing proper use. Next time, consult with Safe Kids USA to get some advice on child passenger safety best practices.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That's... terrible. FF infant with loose below-the-shoulder straps, ughhh...

That's major misuse and NEEDS fixed, SHAME on Nissan!

southernveg

Oh my goodness! This is terrible! What on earth were they thinking! Why even use a baby if "aesthetics" is the issue. Go with 2 big kids. I'm appalled.

BrookysMommy

I'm bored and have nothing better to do at the moment. So I wrote this to Nissan:

Good Idea! That was a well worded, I'm guessing, email. I hope they really do fix it! Its horrible how much bad car seat use is in commercial these days. Even the Coccoro video on TRU website shows younger than 1 babies riding ff. Shame on all the companies not following proper restraining.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC