WOW! The Scenera is SHARP!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I usually have a RF Boulevard installed in my car. However, for the past two weeks, I have had a RF Scenera installed. Wow. There is QUITE a difference in the bases, isn't there?

I had a pool noodle under the front of the base, in order to get more recline. I decided that one pool noodle wasn't giving enough recline, so I just went out to the car to put more in. I was *shocked* when I saw the pool noodle that had been under the base. It looked like someone had sliced it with a razor blade! The base of the Scenera had cut into the pool noodle so much that it had gone PAST the hole in the center of the noodle!! UNBELIEVABLE!

I am SO glad that it did that to the noodle and not to my upholstery. I know that sounds shallow, but it is true! :)

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I think I'd be reporting that to Cosco and to CPSC/NHTSA. It's a non-crash safety issue, so I think that's more CPSC's thing, but generally, NHTSA has jurisdiction over car seats.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yikes! That is sharp. It makes me wonder if the Scenera DH and I accidentally left behind next to our parking spot at the airport parking structure might have been capable of damaging a tire if anyone happened to run it over. :whistle:

southpawboston

this is what i've been saying about cosco seats since we first got an APEX for MIL's car. that's also why i ALWAYS use a thin towel underneath my seats, despite the advice of some techs that no damage to upholstery ever occurs. with dorel seats, it's definitely a possibility.

and see, the thing is, dorel should learn that they don't NEED those sharp claws to hold a seat in place tightly. my smooth-bottomed recaro fits tighter than the scenera in the same car, thank you very much.

patriot, if you think the scenera is sharp, you should take a look at the underside of an APEX. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
and see, the thing is, dorel should learn that they don't NEED those sharp claws to hold a seat in place tightly.

. :eek:

ROFLMAO!!!!! Oh, THAT's what it is... a safety feature! I didn't even know it was a big huge deal that I got the 'seat saver base!' on my first convertible seat, an Evenflo, till I got my first cosco 2 years later.

Dorel went from having NO CPST's on staff last year, to having sixty now... I wonder if they'll finally be able to effect some change in this arena? (We've seen the rapid demise of the metal slide tether since they've got lots of techs, and the advent of EPP foam in a lot of seats...things are getting better, fingers crossed....

Simplysomething

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC