Sending an email to Child care center parents for Child Passenger Safety Week

vrclay

What would you include? Don't want to make it too overwhelming but would like to convey, RFing to at least 2 years and booster readiness. They already know me as the crazy car seat lady because I made a fuss about getting current (non-expired) seats for the van they were using to transport kids to off site field trips. BTW - they got all new Maestros and they have not used the van since because the person qualified to drive it left!

ADS

KaiLing

This is a great and easy idea for CPS week, maybe I'll screw up my courage and do it, thanks for the idea.

I'd like to know what other people would say, too! If I have one line I like to say every step in seats (rf, ff, booster, seat belt) is a step down in safety, just because it makes people think and it's a fast sound bite. Wouldn't want too many links, but some might be helpful-- maybe to the NHTSA site since ts so simple? And the boosters are for big kids page maybe? Just thinking out loud here... Someone smarter than me should chime in.

morninglori

I think you should keep it pretty basic, and perhaps show the NHTSA chart which describes the different stages of carseat use.

I'm working on one for my DS's preschool. It will be a double sided page with one side being the NHTSA flier and the other side more personalized information - an overall statement on what CPS week is with focus of the page being on FF and BPB usage (NHTSA step 3) and having some bullets based on some of the misuse I see at dropoff presented in a "did you know?..." manner.

Something like...I'm still working on some of the wording
Did you know....

Top Tethers are...Required when using the lower anchors and should also be used when installing with the seatbelt.

LATCH has weight limits on the lower anchors - If your child is 40lbs, you likely need to switch to installing with the seatbelt

A belt positioning booster has to to position the seat belt properly - the lap belt should ride low across the tops of thigh/hips and the shoulder belt rides between the neck and shoulder. Highback boosters typically do a better job at this than backless boosters

A belt positioning booster won't protect your child if the child is... slouching when sleeping, have slipped the shoulder belt behind their backs or are out of position at the time of a crash.
I will also include the date and time for Free Inspections at our town's annual Childrens Fair (Septemeber 17), and the local PD monthly checks. I will also add my name/email for private checks or additional information.

I am using some of the materials that NHTSA provides here..NHTSA CPS Week Marketing Materials

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC