We bought a 07 Sedona =) Did we make the right choice?

Momto3Divaz

I have lurked for months now reading other reviews and asking a few questions here and there. Due to credit =/ we were very limited on choices. Saturday we came home with a '07 Kia Sedona with 53k miles the basic model (I dont know if theres others) now there were some scratches on the bumper and even a dent in the rear bumper that has a hasty paint job the dealer would have repaired it but because we didnt have money to put down and we were able to talk them down on the monthly payment by $50 with $0 down if we took the van as is. Ill live with the dent =) Its only been 2 days and I am having panic attacks! There is no trunk space grrrr... But anyhow the van drove and rode perfect on the 2 hour drive home! Yesterday on our way to church we normally go a less traveled route which has many stop signs, I noticed at each stop my brakes were being pushed all the way down so I started testing the brakes at each stop sign the speed limit is 35 on this business road we were on so there was no traffic on a sunday I took one stop sign at 40 mph and applied the brakes half way and slid most of the way :eek: after 3 stop signs I could smell the brakes CRAP! So yeah I need new brakes since I bought it as is =/ I can not drive the 2 hours plus this week to Chicago due to work and kids school. Oh AND we are driving from Indiana to Disney NEXT Weekend!! :eek: Talk me out of this panic attack. We havent had a car payment in a few years but I started fulltime 1 month ago to help with bills and I dont want to be stuck with a dud. Just get the brakes fixed (my uncle can replace them) and calm down? Sorry for the long rant I needed to get it out. Did I make the best decision we could have continued to drive my husbands old 1998 Chevy Silverado quad and rented a van for the vacation until we could get something different. OR have went with the Chevy Uplander 07, Caravan 07, or an older van with high miles.

ADS

Brianna

I would start off fixing the brakes, and see if you can get a mechanic or car-knowledgeable friend or relative to give it a once-over and see if there's anything obvious that will need replacing soon.

Have you considered putting new brakes on yourself? At 19 or 20 I pulled up some youtube videos and helped my boyfriend change his brakes. He's not good with cars either, so I ended up doing most of the work myself- he was just there for muscles.

Momto3Divaz

I would start off fixing the brakes, and see if you can get a mechanic or car-knowledgeable friend or relative to give it a once-over and see if there's anything obvious that will need replacing soon.

Have you considered putting new brakes on yourself? At 19 or 20 I pulled up some youtube videos and helped my boyfriend change his brakes. He's not good with cars either, so I ended up doing most of the work myself- he was just there for muscles.

My husbands uncle has replaced our brakes before we can probably have him also check the van this week he works 3rd shift so scheduling with him can be a challenge. :D BUT I may check out these Youtube videos your talking about hmmmm

Melanie

Out of the 3 vans you listed, I would've picked the Sedona too. Hopefully the brakes will be an easy fix.

I thought I heard something about the brakes must have 30% left when a dealership sells a car (here at least). It may be worth looking into...maybe the dealership will be responsible for them even though you bought it as is.

Momto3Divaz

I thought I heard something about the brakes must have 30% left when a dealership sells a car (here at least). It may be worth looking into...maybe the dealership will be responsible for them even though you bought it as is.

OH! I am going to make that call this evening when I get off thanks for that tip :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC