Just for fun - How would you rank these infant seats?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Just curious how all of you would rank these seats. I've picked up a part-time job and like most of us I tend to have certain favorite seats. I got into a discussion with a co-worker today about why I prefer certain seats over others. These are the only seats that our store carries in stock. If there were no compatibility issues, the baby was an average 7lbs 6oz/ 20in long at birth, and you weren't using it with a stroller which one would you prefer?

Graco Snugride35
Graco Snugride30
Graco Snugride22
Safety First OnBoard35 Air
Chicco Keyfit30
Peg Perego 30/30
Britax Chaperone
Britax B-Safe
Maxi- Cosi Mico

Here is my list:

Chicco Keyfit30
Britax B-Safe
Graco Snugride30
Britax Chaperone
Peg Perego 30/30
Graco Snugride35
Maxi-Cosi Mico
Graco Snugride22

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Mine would go:

Chicco Keyfit30
Graco Snugride35
Britax Chaperone
Britax B-Safe
Graco Snugride30
Graco Snugride22*
Maxi- Cosi Mico
Peg Perego 30/30

*I'm assuming front-adjust. Otherwise, drop it to the bottom of the list.

Aurezalia

It sounds like you may have the same job as I do, as these are the seats my store carries. :ROTFLMAO: And... it sounds like the argument I have aaaall the time with my coworkers. (No, the Peg is NOT safer and I HATE IT. Yes, it really does make me cry inside.)(Oh, also, same thing with the Britax convertibles. Yes. Really. There's a reason I've sold exactly one so far...)

My list:
Chicco Keyfit30
Graco Snugride35
Graco Snugride30
Britax Chaperone
Britax B-Safe
Graco Snugride22
Maxi Cosi Mico
Peg Perego 30/30

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Chicco Keyfit30
Maxi- Cosi Mico
Graco Snugride35
Graco Snugride30
Peg Perego 30/30
Britax Chaperone
Britax B-Safe
Graco Snugride22

luckyclov

Chicco Keyfit 30
Britax Chaperone
Britax B-Safe
Safety 1st OnBoard 35 Air
Maxi Cosi Mico
Graco Snugride 35
Graco Snugride 30
Peg Perego 30/30
Graco Snugride 22

Why isn't the Combi Shuttle in there?

April

Chicco Keyfit30
Graco Snugride35
Graco Snugride30
Britax Chaperone
Britax B-Safe
Graco Snugride22
Maxi Cosi Mico
Peg Perego 30/30
Posted via Mobile Device

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I love my Onboard Air, but the Chicco Keyfit comes in about a tie with it. I had a hard time picking between the two. I'm sure if I'd gone with the KF, I would have loved that also.

I don't really like any other infant seats nearly as much. But then I haven't played with a whole lot of them. A few I have (limited) experience with are the Peg Perego, the Chaperone, the Baby Trend, the SafeSeat1 and a few different Snugrides. I wouldn't pick any of these over the KF or the OBA.

luckyclov

Assuming we work at the same place (Which it sounds like we do), we don't carry the Shuttle at all.
Although, I do believe we just started carrying the Aton online...
You work in my house, too?:eek:

Just kidding. I know you got me confused with someone else, but I couldn't resist.;)

Phineasmama

Chicco Keyfit30
Graco Snugride30
Graco Snugride22 (only if it's front adjust)
Graco Snugride35
Britax B-Safe
Maxi- Cosi Mico
Britax Chaperone
Peg Perego 30/30

I have to base my decision on size mostly because I have to fit 3 across...which is why I have an Aton and that's not on the list :p

But the Chaperone and Peg Perego would always be on the bottom of my list because they're so bulky and heavy. The Chaperone is completely unusable in my SUV and I don't think the Peg is worth the money. And I had a Mico and returned it because it was SO hard to latch in and out of the base and I was nervous that DH wouldn't do it right.

Aurezalia

You work in my house, too?:eek:

Just kidding. I know you got me confused with someone else, but I couldn't resist.;)

No, you were asking the OP why there wasn't the Shuttle on the list. I answered for her. OP and I work in the same place. (I think.) ;)

luckyclov

No, you were asking the OP why there wasn't the Shuttle on the list. I answered for her. OP and I work in the same place. (I think.) ;)
I was thinking YOU were the OP. And that someone else (that someone else, in reality, would be you) may work in the same place as the OP. So, I thought you, as the OP, had confused me (since I was quoted) with the other person. Make sense?:p Probably not. LOL.

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Aurezalia - I think we might just work at the same place ;) Want to talk sometime?

clov878 - I remember the store carried the Combi at one time, but these are the only seats that we currently carry in the store. And most parents and definitely the rest of my coworkers (non-CPST's) all value the ability to put the car seat in a stroller as the #1 feature.

I'd say the Chicco Keyfit30 is our #1 seller, then Graco, Peg, Britax, Safety First, and Maxi-Cosi. The Chicco because of consumer reports, NHTSA, and seeing other parents with it. The Graco's because they have been around forever and everyone knows the name. Plus either a family member or friend has told them that they need to get a Graco Snugride. The Peg because people want to flaunt the price point (DC metro area). Britax because of the "Britax bubble". I had one lady that was shopping with her MIL and even though I spoke with them about the size of the Chaperone and showed them in her car that it was incompatible, they still left trying to figure out how to get it to fit because it is the "safest" seat out there. I'm probably the only person working there that sells the Safety First seat. And then the Maxi-Cosi, which most often is bought by customers that are originally from overseas and know the name.

I have to admit that the reason behind my choices is somewhat personal. I have had two premature babies and I have also worked in a very large NICU as a CCLS and CPST. I have had to tell many parents that they need to go and get a different car seat before we can give their babies a car seat challenge. Now that I am in a position selling car seats to expectant parents I like to play it on the safe side and talk to them about seats that will take them from a smaller than average newborn to at least a year old.

Since the Snugride35 is way too big for most all of the babies I have worked with I tend to stay far away from that seat when talking with parents. I think it is a great seat and for my friend that had a 10lbs newborn it was perfect! Anyone care to enlighten me on the Snugride35?

Aurezalia

Aurezalia - I think we might just work at the same place ;) Want to talk sometime?

clov878 - I remember the store carried the Combi at one time, but these are the only seats that we currently carry in the store. And most parents and definitely the rest of my coworkers (non-CPST's) all value the ability to put the car seat in a stroller as the #1 feature.

I'd say the Chicco Keyfit30 is our #1 seller, then Graco, Peg, Britax, Safety First, and Maxi-Cosi. The Chicco because of consumer reports, NHTSA, and seeing other parents with it. The Graco's because they have been around forever and everyone knows the name. Plus either a family member or friend has told them that they need to get a Graco Snugride. The Peg because people want to flaunt the price point (DC metro area). Britax because of the "Britax bubble". I had one lady that was shopping with her MIL and even though I spoke with them about the size of the Chaperone and showed them in her car that it was incompatible, they still left trying to figure out how to get it to fit because it is the "safest" seat out there. I'm probably the only person working there that sells the Safety First seat. And then the Maxi-Cosi, which most often is bought by customers that are originally from overseas and know the name.

Oh, that's interesting to read. I think at our store the Peg is probably our #1 seller :thumbsdown: purely because the other people in the department like to tell parents how it's safer than other seats because it has 2 points that click into the base instead of just one. :rolleyes: The Keyfit comes in a solid #2, though. For some reason they all hate the Graco seats and the OB35, so those don't sell much at all. :confused: The Britax aren't that popular, I think because they don't snap into all the strollers like the others do. I really hope we exception the Aton in to be carried in-store. I'm working on getting them to exception the CCO in also. ;)

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Oh, that's interesting to read. I think at our store the Peg is probably our #1 seller :thumbsdown: purely because the other people in the department like to tell parents how it's safer than other seats because it has 2 points that click into the base instead of just one. :rolleyes: The Keyfit comes in a solid #2, though. For some reason they all hate the Graco seats and the OB35, so those don't sell much at all. :confused: The Britax aren't that popular, I think because they don't snap into all the strollers like the others do. I really hope we exception the Aton in to be carried in-store. I'm working on getting them to exception the CCO in also. ;)

Too funny! I'm talking with my manager about getting the Aton, CCO, and the Britax B-Agile stroller as well. Did all of the stores get the Pria70?

Aurezalia

Too funny! I'm talking with my manager about getting the Aton, CCO, and the Britax B-Agile stroller as well. Did all of the stores get the Pria70?

Yep, we've got the Pria70. I might work on the B-Agile but first I've got to get them to clearance out some of our 4 Bugaboo Chameleon floor models so we've got more room. :rolleyes:

momofmany

So, as one that's shopping for infant seats right now (due in 7.5 weeks), can you tell me WHY the KF and On-board seem to rank at the top of everyone's list?

And IF you sold the combi shuttle 33, how would that compare to those two?

Just curious.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC