Babyuniverse Customer Support

kjcoggins0405

My letter:

I ordered a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe on 05-09-07. I paid via paypal on 05-10-07. My order was shipped on 05-31-07. 22 DAYS LATER. I also had to call several TIMES to check the status of my order. I am a member of car-seat.org and several people have been having problems with you company. Many are having their credit cards charged the day they order and not having their products shipped for weeks. Many including myself ordered the products and the website showed in stock only for the product to not be in stock. I ordered my car-seat and didn't even get an email showing that it wouldn't be shipping that day even thought that is what the website showed. I had to log in to my account to see "ordered from the manufacture", which was not TRUE, considering they "found" one in one of the warehouses to ship to me. The first customer service rep that I spoke to was like "do you want to cancel your order". That wasn't very helpful, if I didn't want the product I wouldn't have ordered it. No time during the 22 DAYS did anybody give me an estimate on when I would be getting my car seat. On a good note, I was pleased with the DOM on the car seat that I received. However, my complaints are as follows:

-Showed in stock on your website. In this day and age customers assume that websites are in "real time"

-No follow up email letting me know there was a problem with my order.

-First customer service rep, not really caring that there was a problem and promising to follow up only to never be heard from again.

-22 DAYS lag time only to be sent a car seat that was already at the warehouse the whole time.

-Never being offered a discount or for that matter an apology.

I do want a response to my complaints and I hope it is not auto-generated.

Thanks

Kimberly

:thumbsup: Their follow-up

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for your e-mail and feedback. I am very sorry for the experience you have had with Baby Universe as you should have been notified by a backorder letter and through our representatives of the delay with your order. I have requested for a refund in the amount of $25.00 to be issued to your paypal account as compensation for the manner in which your order has been handled. You should receive this credit within the next couple of business days. I have passed your feedback along so that we may improve our service and website to better meet your expectations. Again I am very sorry for your entire experience with this Baby Universe order. Please feel free to contact me if you are in need of more assistance.

Thank You,

Laura Hendrickson

Babyuniverse Order Concierge

ADS

2Julybabies

I have had the same experience with them. I ordered 2 FPSVD on 6/7/07. I chose BU over Albee Baby because it was cheaper with the BabyTV rebate and they advertised same day shipping. I also was not told that they were out of stock until the I received an email the next day. I just wrote them a email complaining about the same things you did in your letter. They have charged my CC and I haven't received my car seats yet. They said they will be shipped on or before 6/30/07. That is ridiculous!! I checked them out on BBB site and they have an "unsatisfactory" rating with many consumer complaints about delays, false advertising, etc. I wish I would have checked that out before I ordered from them. I really hope that I get the car seats and don't have to hassle with getting the credit card company to reverse the charges.

If they respond to my email I let you know.
Jennifer

Loves2sing

At least you got $25 back! It will make the rest of us think before ordering from them though! Thanks for the heads up!

Mom2nj

I have had the same experience with them. I ordered 2 FPSVD on 6/7/07. I chose BU over Albee Baby because it was cheaper with the BabyTV rebate and they advertised same day shipping. I also was not told that they were out of stock until the I received an email the next day. I just wrote them a email complaining about the same things you did in your letter. They have charged my CC and I haven't received my car seats yet. They said they will be shipped on or before 6/30/07. That is ridiculous!! I checked them out on BBB site and they have an "unsatisfactory" rating with many consumer complaints about delays, false advertising, etc. I wish I would have checked that out before I ordered from them. I really hope that I get the car seats and don't have to hassle with getting the credit card company to reverse the charges.

If they respond to my email I let you know.
Jennifer

I too ordered from them on 06/07/07 with the website showing the FPSVD instock,then the next day I received the email saying out of stock and not shipped due to ship 06/30/07, I just cancelled my order, so we will see what actually happens. I received a response saying they received my request, but it's not actually cancelled yet, says they have to notifiy the warehouse inorder for it to actually be cancelled. My CC was charged as well that day. We will see what happens with that.

2Julybabies

I received an email response from BU customer service that basically said sorry for the inconvenience but your items are backordered until 6/30 and to let them know if I wanted to cancel my order. It also said if you have any further questions or concerns call our "friendly customer service team at..." So I did. And the guy I talked to told me "your car seats shipped today, let me give you the UPS tracking numbers." How frustrating and confusing!! He was very nice and said they are aware of the issues me and others have complained about and are working on them. We'll see.

MamiOf3

Great post :thumbsup:
After reading your post the other night I e-mailed them complaining about the horrible customer service, the ever changing in stock date of my car seat, and not keeping me updated on the status of my order.
They still haven't responded LOL

2Julybabies

I just checked the UPS tracking numbers they gave me on UPS's site and it shows that they were shipped today and scheduled to arrive on Friday. Yeah, finally!!

If you have any questions about your order I recommend calling them instead. It seems like the best way to get the most updated information. If they say it has been shipped ask for the tracking numbers and also the person's name you are speaking to. Hope that helps!

Jennifer

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC