Screaming, Crying, Stomping feet...my Aloha cover is...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Mouse chewed!!! There were some crumbs down in the crevice at the seat bottom, and there were some little poopy things in there, after a week of the seat in my garage... and I've seen little poopy things in the stroller after the crumbs in there, I thought they were wicked big flies...like, why are there poppy seeds in the stroller? lol... but this little dastardly bugger CHEWED my aloha cover! Gargh!!! I've just barely had this lovely, lovely cover for a year, used it for a couple months, and I LOVE it... waaaaaaaah!

It's down where you never see it, and it's barely noticeable, but I'm still so sad, and kiss my really good resale value goodbye... I hope they come out with a GORGEOUS cover to make up for this.

Now, how to deal with the mouse issue... yuck... cute pets, bad pests...

Thanks for letting me vent :)

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
EWWWWWWWW damn mice!!! I am sorry about your beautiful, lovely cover...that just stinks! Good thing it isn't noticeable...phewww! I have no clue what to do about mice....thank goodness I think I would freak out I am such a critter scaredy cat!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

This is not related but it reminded me of something that happened to us. We moved to the country when Lyndsey was 4 yrs old. Anyway, we were outside and she brought this handful of little round brown things and said, "Mommy, look I found Cocoa Puffs!" :eek: It was deer turds. She was so excited, I screamed and asked her if she had eaten any, dragged her butt into the house to wash her hands She hadn't eaten any but it was totally excited to find them right out in our yard. We laugh about it now that she's older. :D

super_grape

Hey Julie,
I just got an Aloha cover from Britax 2 weeks ago.
It was to replace another cover I had issues with.
I spoke with Susan and she told me they had 400+
Aloha covers!

It's prettier than the Aloha I used to have (sold on ebay),
it's seems brighter and the green is greener. I LOOOOVE it!

Perhaps Susan can help you out?!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Heh, maybe I'll give them a call, I AM one of their best customers (buy a lot, never complain... sell their stupid products for them day after day after day with no compensation...lol):whistle:

super_grape

Yeah...they should have a cover named after you, lol!

I bet you can get an Aloha outta them...and Susan is super nice!
I'm always so happy when she answers the phone:) .

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I woke up this morning and DH had *EMPTIED* the garage... you could literally eat off the floor in there...and NO sign of mice... it's a mystery critter...a hungry cicada? He accidentally dumped bird seed all in my Husky, so I'm not exactly thrilled with him if we DO have a mouse and it finds that and nests in my pretty blue Marina cover...

What's really weird about all this is that we live in nice clean suburbs... I leave my seats in my mom's open car port in the mountains in Hawaii where she has a massive rat and roach problem, and nothing ever touches our seats there except dust :eek:

And Holly, that's exactly what Leah looks like from behind...same hair, same diaper, same closet (except mine looks like a grenade went off in there... stuff's all falling out of drawers..nightmare, lol... the big kids have pristine closets, though, rofl!)

skipspin

C'mon, are you sure you're not secretly happy inside? You might have to get a few new RA covers just to find the perfect one ;-)

super_grape

Thanks Jordynsmama!

And Julie, 2 seconds after I took that picture she had the entire contents of that little organizer all over the floor...for the second time that day:p .
That picture was taken a few months ago but she looks exactly the same
exept she has a bit more hair on the top of her head. FINALLY!
Hopefully the Donald Trump comb over will soon be thing of the past:D !

jn__

oh that stinks. I had mice in my car before my son was born. I never took the car anywhere but prenatal appointments because my belly was ON the wheel and I didn't want to drive. So the mice took up residence in there and ate my stroller straps off and ate the car's seat belts and left turds everywhere! They totally passed up my hsband's car, where I once found a half eaten hamburger in the back seat. I thought the car seats were okay till I took the snugride out of the car and found that those pests had eaten all the foam under it and used it for bedding! grrrrrr

Hope you can get a new cover! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC