Long sleeve girls casual dresses?

AtTheSouthDam

Anyone know where is a good place to buy long sleeve casual dresses for a narrow child? I have two hand me downs from DD1 but they are too wide in the neck (HA play dress and Gymboree, if you are curious). The child has shoulders that match her 19" waist. It looks more like we'll pulling her through the taffy maker then letting her grow, lol. TIA!

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Yeah, we layer like crazy for this child just to keep things on but sometimes she just wants the one. I just ordered a bunch of those land's end dresses for DD1 but I've never dealt with them below a size 8. Do the neck holes size down appropriately? I probably should have ordered DD2 some while I was at it but it's wasn't until after I ordered I realized she had no winter dresses to fit (and only has pants thanks to thred up :rolleyes:)

You know.. thinking about it, I bet DD2 can get away with a 4 for those winter dresses. They are cut pretty long. I wonder if that will work...

Athena

We like the jersey dresses from Lands End and do a lot of layering with summer dresses too.

Do the neck holes size down appropriately? I probably should have ordered DD2 some while I was at it but it's wasn't until after I ordered I realized she had no winter dresses to fit (and only has pants thanks to thred up :rolleyes:)

Assuming your siggy's stats are correct, my slim DD is a just bit lighter and a couple inches taller than yours (so possibly even a bit slimmer) and I don't remember having any problems with the Lands End jersey dresses on her. They have plenty of room to twirl :), but did not fall off her and she was happy. Last spring, we got her a size 5 and I'm hoping it still fits for the fall.

Do you have a Sears store with Lands End counter? If so, I'd go ahead and order some to try on her and, if they don't fit, you can always return them at the store.

FYI: If you sign up for their email alerts, you might get a discount code because they are a lot at full price (at least for us :)). Also, the fabric was thinner than I expected for a "winter" dress, but good for fall/spring and very cute.

AtTheSouthDam

I'll look around for a sears with a land's end counter, thanks!

And her stats are bit deceiving. She weighs 40# but it muscle, very very solid and wiry so she weighs more than she looks. I didn't think she was that thin until I started checking out size charts! Her inseam is longer than her waist is round :rolleyes:

I'll keep an out for codes too. Those dresses were only $20 a few weeks ago :( (and matching leggings for only $12!)

Athena

I'll look around for a sears with a land's end counter, thanks!

And her stats are bit deceiving. She weighs 40# but it muscle, very very solid and wiry so she weighs more than she looks. I didn't think she was that thin until I started checking out size charts! Her inseam is longer than her waist is round :rolleyes:

I'll keep an out for codes too. Those dresses were only $20 a few weeks ago :( (and matching leggings for only $12!)

Store locator :)
http://www.landsend.com/customerservice/store_locator/

They have sales/specials all the time. If you're signed up for the email alerts, you should get something.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC